Looking for friends to lose weight with for encouragement

Options
Hi, my name is Sherry. I am an LPN that works full time in an assisted living facility. I recently joined Mary Kay as an Independent Beauty Consultant. I would love to get into Mary Kay full time and hopefully in time I will. I have recently lost a few pounds by no longer eating the fat laden lunches at work and replacing my lunch with a Slimfast Meal Bar and a fruit or veggie. For breakfast I no longer have my usual yogurt and a cheese stick but now have a Slimfast Drink and a fruit (banana, apple sauce or similar). Then for dinner I have been eating a sensible dinner. This seems to really be working for me. I know I have so much more weight to lose but can't seem to find the motivation to get up and get exercising. I am looking for this group to help me with that and find a few new friends along the way! Good luck to everyone here!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• missysmission777
    missysmission777 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am SO glad you got on here with me.. WE can support each other. I BELIEVE in you! Good luck and as always ~Love and Believe~
  • losingitwithjess
    Options
    Hey keep with what works for you! Motivation is what you are looking for, motivation is what you will get... Keep up the great work.. being a nurse is a thankless job... you are always busy taking care of everyone else that there is no time for you... This is the year of you... take care of you first! Exercise will give you more energy believe it or not... one of the many reasons I get up everyday and go to the gym!

Good Luck and Look forward to encouraging each other!
  • losingitwithjess
    Options
    Hey keep with what works for you! Motivation is what you are looking for, motivation is what you will get... Keep up the great work.. being a nurse is a thankless job... you are always busy taking care of everyone else that there is no time for you... This is the year of you... take care of you first! Exercise will give you more energy believe it or not... one of the many reasons I get up everyday and go to the gym!

Good Luck and Look forward to encouraging each other!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Go long enough to see a difference in your clothes, body, and energy level. Then you will be self motivated! Meanwhile, there is a lot of support on here for all the ups and downs of the diet. You can do it. I know you can. This is the first thing that worked with me, and it's made a big difference. Start tracking it all and keep trying!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for almost 4 months. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    It is the Tracking of my Food and Exercise, along with the support of my On-Line Friends that has worked for me. Stick with what works for you and lean on your friends for support when you come to a rough patch.
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP!!!