Food for busy people...

daryls
daryls Posts: 260
edited September 22 in Recipes
I went to Dream Dinners today for the first time. It's a store where you order a range of foods (I did it online) and then go there and make the food according to their recipes. You then take it home and freeze it to eat at a later time. They had many options to choose from and I picked the healthiest recipes (between 250 to 350 calories) per serving.

So, we tried the Santa Fe Shredded Pork Burrito for a late lunch today. LOVED IT! All I did was turn on the oven, heat it and serve. I will pair their food up with a simple vegetable or salad on the side.

Anyways, I just wanted to share this information for others who may be busy or need new food ideas. (It's not the most cost effective - around $5 a serving. But, it's simple.)

I know there are other stores around the country that do this too - my parents did it a few years ago on the east coast.

Replies

• SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    I think that's great for those that can afford it. Back when I had a job (hoping I get another one soon!) I often made large amounts of food to pack into single servings for easy eating during the week :) It's a great time saver!!
This discussion has been closed.