Need help- How did you choose your goal weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I do not have a goal weight yet. My first goal is to get down to 200 lbs. Then go down in increments of 10 or 20 lbs. The goal weight for my height is 130 lbs which is ridiculously low, I have a large muscular frame. I'm guessing between 150-170, but I will ultimately stop when I feel fit and healthy, but not look skinny.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I started at 333lbs then had stomach stapling surgery 13 years ago. I was able to get to 205lbs but never below. I am also tall at 5 feet 10. I crept up to 239 and decided enough is enough. So here I go. I set my goal high at 190 cause I dont remember ever being that low. My upper healthy weight is 175 lbs. We will see when I get to 190 how I feel then will set a new goal. Also I dont want to set an unattainable goal for myself and discourage myself while setting a reachable goal and not challenging myself. Guess you could call me Mrs wishy washy... Cindy
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    As other people have said, I picked a goal weight that I remembered feeling good at. Somewhere along the way, I decided I would focus more on a body fat percentage as a goal. Then, I realized that was just another number to obsess over. So now, my weight goal is to be able to look in the mirror, and say, yeah, that's it.

Exactly what I was trying to say! :-)
    yes