Deer Sausage

Options
Good morning, all! Does anyone have any idea how much fat, protein, calories, carbohydrates and cholesterol is in a link of deer sausage? My boss brought some to work yesterday for Cinco de Mayo, and it was muy delicioso! :happy: But, My Fitness Pal didn't have a food entry for the sausage, and he had no idea what the nutritional value was, but said it was better than pork or beef sausage!!! :love: How 'bout that!!! So, if anyone knows, I'd love if you could share!

Replies

• Caramel Cutie
    Options
    Good morning, all! Does anyone have any idea how much fat, protein, calories, carbohydrates and cholesterol is in a link of deer sausage? My boss brought some to work yesterday for Cinco de Mayo, and it was muy delicioso! :happy: But, My Fitness Pal didn't have a food entry for the sausage, and he had no idea what the nutritional value was, but said it was better than pork or beef sausage!!! :love: How 'bout that!!! So, if anyone knows, I'd love if you could share!
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    Options
    Try the link below. If you google deer sausage calories, it comes up with a bunch of websites that you can check out. You can pretty much do that with any food.

Hope that helps.:flowerforyou:

www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/generic/venison-sausage
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    The problem is that you have no idea how much beef or pork fat was added. Deer is naturally so lean that they have to add some to make sausage. They usually add beef fat to ground deer meat also. I specifically request "no fat added please" from my processor and it always comes out super lean. There isn't even enough fat to drain when you brown it in a skillet.

I'd see if I could find a value for beef sausage, then subtract 10-20%. If you just substitute the numbers for beef sausage, you'll know you're under that!
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    i put it in the data base a while back but i guess it may have been before mike made it so all the food was shared. this is the value for one ounce of it but like lockedcj pointed out it may not be really accurate :ohwell:

Calories200
    Sodium73 mg
    Total Fat8 g
    Potassium339 mg
    Saturated3 gTotal Carbs0 g
    Polyunsaturated0 g
    Dietary Fiber0 g
    Monounsaturated2 g
    Sugars0 g
    Trans0 g
    Protein25 g
    Cholesterol91 mg
    Vitamin A0 %
    Calcium1 %
    Vitamin C0 %
    Iron17 %
  • cwjett
    cwjett Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    its in the MFP database, but its under "venison sausage" I eat it all the time so I have used it a good bit!
  • Caramel Cutie
    Options
    VENISON! Okay!!!! Thank you!!! :happy: