Setting up Diary with FitBit Zip

Options
sllm1
sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
My understanding is that FitBit Zip tracks walking/running only. And, I understand that it will sync with MFP. My question is, if I am using this device and it will make caloric adjustments based on how much I walk in a day, do I need to have my "activity level" set at sedentary so that I don't get too much "credit?"

Thanks for your input.

Replies

• DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex, and while I AM sedentary, I think MFP and the FITBIT talk to each other about where you're calories burned each day should be based on your lifestyle, and only credits you when you burn MORE than expected at any given time. When I eat all my fitbit credits on MFP, and I go to the FITBIT dashboard the next day, it'll show me under my calories burned by around 500 (cause I want to lose 1 lb a week).

I also have negative calories enabled on MFP so if I burn LESS than I should, fit bit will take away calories so I don't accidently overeat and destroy my deficit.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Got it - I've used it today and that's how it looks to me. I've left it at sedentary so I earn instead of losing (mind trick, I guess)!