Lasagna for Under 200 kcal!

Options

Replies

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Yep I do a healthy take on lasagna with roasted veggies (zucchini, red pepper, sweet potato, eggplant), a lower cal white sauce and a meat sauce. Layer, add a sprinkling of cheese on the top and bake. It's so delicious.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I made a dish like this a few month ago. It was really delicious. However I would not call it Lasagna, because it does not even come close. The zucchini strips are different and delicious, but also don't taste like pasta....at all.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I eat pasta but I also eat zucchini so I'll give it a try :)
  • nyiballs
    nyiballs Posts: 147
    Options
    Alrighty... I have to defend the title. I should have said "lasagna alternative" I freely admit, but let's not nitpick and just see it for what it is... An attempt to provide a healthy alternative to a favorite and delicious dish.

And Italians will not weep. Zucchini is an integral ingredient in Italian cooking. The lack of pasta in a layered dish is not a big deal for Italians.

Other answers:
    I do t recall where I originally got the recipe
    I use a 4x8 bread pan or 8x12 casserole pan with more layers on the bread pan
    4 oz of cheese and turkey each per zucchini is more than sufficient.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Alrighty... I have to defend the title. I should have said "lasagna alternative" I freely admit, but let's not nitpick and just see it for what it is... An attempt to provide a healthy alternative to a favorite and delicious dish.

And Italians will not weep. Zucchini is an integral ingredient in Italian cooking. The lack of pasta in a layered dish is not a big deal for Italians.

Other answers:
    I do t recall where I originally got the recipe
    I use a 4x8 bread pan or 8x12 casserole pan with more layers on the bread pan
    4 oz of cheese and turkey each per zucchini is more than sufficient.
    Its funny cause I am watching Cutthroat Kitchen and one of the ladies forgot her pasta for lasagna and had zucchini and is making her dish with that instead. Love the timing of this thread and just happening to watch this episode. :laugh:
  • da_bears1008
    da_bears1008 Posts: 354
    Options
    i support your decision to make a layered vegetable dish...

i do not support your decision in calling it lasagna.

Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif
  • qhmchugh
    qhmchugh Posts: 1
    Options
    Looks good. Bumping for later. Making this tomorrow!
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Come on guys, they already admitted they should have called it Lasagna alternative. I did get my hopes up coming in, but it still sounds good regardless. I love zucchini, so I'm going to bump this for later.
  • trc1217
    trc1217 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good recipe!!! I made this last night and my boyfriend who is highly picky even liked it. It might not technically be lasagna, but it does satisfy the lasagna craving!!! Thank you for sharing :smile: (Now if we can figure out the garlic bread option!)
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    No cheese no pasta
    Not lasagne

Leaves dissapointed
  • nyiballs
    Options
    No cheese no pasta
    Not lasagne

Leaves dissapointed

It has ricotta cheese. And you can sprinkle low fat mozz on top if you wish.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'll definitely give this recipe a go! Thanks for sharing.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Ive made something similar to this it was delicious :flowerforyou:
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Thinking the people who gripe have time on their hands!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Have had this twice so far and is awesome. Added extra garlic and fresh basil to the sauce and mozzarella on top. Good way to get extra veggies in. Even picky husband had 2 helpings.i also added the herbed tomato sauce between each zucchini layer. Thanks so much for sharing..
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    No cheese no pasta
    Not lasagne

Leaves dissapointed

yass.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Thinking the people who gripe have time on their hands!

And you griping about the people who gripe is....???
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    eh whatever its called I don't really care but I am keen to try it

I was wondering, would ground chicken work instead of turkey - can't get ground turkey easily here ( New Zealand)
    Do you use a special tomato sauce or will tinned tomatoes do?

it sounds interesting !
  • nyiballs
    Options
    Chicken would be fine. Season it up with garlic, basil, and oregano to give it some Italian flair.

Canned tomatoes are fine... I won't judge.
  • stephb130181
    stephb130181 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sounds lush, I will definitely be trying this receipe. I love corguettes.