What do you guys think of this hair color and style on me?

Options
funkyspunky871
funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
Okay, please be honest. It's just a wig from a Halloween store, but I really love the color and style. I wasn't going to get it right now; I thought I'd wait until I lost a bit more weight and reward myself with it... Problem is: My family HATES it. And, that's putting it nicely. My brothers have literally called me ugly, my mom says that there's no way in Hell I'll be dying it such a hideous color while I'm living in her house, and my dad hasn't said much, but I think he agrees.

I felt pretty with the wig on earlier today. I felt like the color really matched my personality, and I thought it was much better than my flat, brown hair. Now... I just feel like an ugly, worthless piece of #&@*.

4-upon2010-10-23at17112.jpg

image-11pererng.jpg

image-10psssng.jpg

Replies

• katrinavw
    Options
    that suits you!!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I like it
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    In my opinion I think it's cute. I say do what makes you happy. It's just hair. It grows back and it can always be dyed back.
    Those kinds of situations are tough when you still live with your parents. Hard to be an individual and not step on any toes.....

Best of luck in whatever decision you make.....:flowerforyou:

Dani
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    Options
    lOVE IT!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I like it, but I'm partial to reds when I dye my hair... so I may be a little biased. :laugh:
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Well, as a natural redhead, I'm partial to the color...and the cut suits you well too!

Do what makes YOU happy!
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I wanted to dye my hair this exact color. My mom wouldn't hear of it, and her compromise instead was the purplish-red color that you see sometimes. I think your color would have been much better! It looks GREAT on you...complements your skin tone perfectly, and I really like the fringe too! Good luck!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Okay, please be honest. It's just a wig from a Halloween store, but I really love the color and style. I wasn't going to get it right now; I thought I'd wait until I lost a bit more weight and reward myself with it... Problem is: My family HATES it. And, that's putting it nicely. My brothers have literally called me ugly, my mom says that there's no way in Hell I'll be dying it such a hideous color while I'm living in her house, and my dad hasn't said much, but I think he agrees.

I felt pretty with the wig on earlier today. I felt like the color really matched my personality, and I thought it was much better than my flat, brown hair. Now... I just feel like an ugly, worthless piece of #&@*.

4-upon2010-10-23at17112.jpg

image-11pererng.jpg

image-10psssng.jpg
    ahhhhhh Sorry but I guess I'm the lonewolf here but I agree with the family, it's a bit of an odd color, like something off a Walgreen's shelf (box color vs. professional).

Perhaps if you get your brunette hair highlighted w/lowlights that might suit you better? Maybe the wig color is bringing the rebel side of you out?.:wink::laugh: I can totally understand your Mom not wanting you to go with that color at only 15 years old, it's...well a bit brash.:frown: There's many lovely colors of red perhaps a more subtle one at first going from being brunette??

But I certainly don't think anyone should feel like crap if they don't like their haircolor. How about wear the wig awhile and enjoy that? You got the rest of your LIFE to be dying your hair...ask those of us that do it:laugh: Once you start...crazy expense everytime you do it (and using the box type ALWAYS looks like a funky boxed color:noway: ):smokin:
  • cobyh
    cobyh Posts: 15
    Options
    You've got really beautiful skin, and so I think the colour is a little harsh for you. I've been every shade of red, trust me - and I used to work in the industry.

My advice would be to start by going to a reddy brown (maybe an auburn?) and see how that feels. To get your natural hair to the colour of the wig will probably require you to strip any existing colour which is expensive and very harmful to your hair (as you will be bleaching it).

Start with something similar, and if you're happy - work your way up from there.
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Wanna old guy's opinion? ;-) Cobyh is right-on...consider starting out with mild red highlights to your natural "flat brown hair", and I think you'll be surprised (and can get used to a gradual change until you get to the red you like most). My wife hated her "flat brown hair", as well, but she had a little red in it when I met her and fell head over heals. Guys will love it... :-)
  • nikki91950
    Options
    i'm going along with the minority voters here. i don't like it! it's such an unnatural shade.
  • nikki91950
    Options
    but i do think you can totally pull off red :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    ohhhhhhh but it will be CUTE for Halloween!! It'll be great for a Dorothy wig for Wizard of Oz!:bigsmile: Maybe it's also the shirt you're wearing that makes me think of that:wink:

The color & style (bangs) make you look much younger and I don't imagine that's the look you're going for at 15:noway::wink:
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with Cobyh too, and I don't do that often.
  • pbrandyp40
    pbrandyp40 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I must say that it is a bit too bright for you...I would go more of a auburn color which will blend better with your tones.

Good Luck...
  • cobyh
    cobyh Posts: 15
    Options
    I have to agree with Cobyh too, and I don't do that often.

always a pleasure joe :D
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    The style is good... the red is a little too red... clashes with your eye color... I think a darker shade would look better.
  • I have always had a very level head and made rational, well thought out decisions... Except for when it comes to my hair. I didnt see your age but i figure you are old enough to work and earn the money to pay for the hair color and style you want. Its more important that you like it and have confidance in your decisions thqn any of us. Its also important to respect your parents. That being said, its a great color. It seems to suit you well. Talk to your parents and tell them you want to make your own decisions when it comes to things like this and make sure you tell them you are doing it because you like it and not because they don't. Add me if u wanna.
  • ItsJustVicki
    Options
    I feel you should do what you want to do-people will always have a opinion but you matter in the end ;) I am a hairstylist and I always do what my customer wants it can always be changed!!

Also a person with tattoos, piercings and multiple haircolors-people just don't like different and out of the ordinary! People don't realize it is a prejudice-I find it in my everyday life-yes we know when your talking about us but are the bigger person not to say anything ;)

LOL thank for letting me vent !!
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Wow.. then you're family would hate me. lol That's what color my hair is. I like it for you and I really think you should do what makes you happy. So what if your brother doesn't like it.. it's not his hair. I say if you like it and you feel pretty, then that's all the reason you need :smile: