18-25yo How much weight did you lose first month?

Options
I started at 178lbs, I am 5ft 7. I lost 8lbs in the first week, which I am pretty sure is water weight. I know it is easier to lose when you are younger but I have a very intense workout regime twice a day and I have switched my meals to salads with protein which has made a huge difference. How much did you lose in the first month? What did you do differently to lose that?

Replies

• rosestring
    rosestring Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I wish I was you. I seem to have trouble losing weight, largely due to struggling with a proper diet. After working for a cleaning company for eight hours a day, five days a week for about two weeks, I lost five pound and have kept it off. I am 5' 4" and now 154 pounds (160 SW).

May I ask what you put in your salads, and what your source of protein is? What does your exercise routine look like? Do you jog, strength train, or what? Sorry for all of the questions.
  • stephens3019
    stephens3019 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In my salads, I have lettuce, peppers, cucumber, beetroot, sweetcorn, carrots and french dressing. I always have a chicken breast with it as well and usually 2 hard boiled eggs.
    Everyday, in the morning I usually do a circuit for 40mins which includes rowing,weights,squats,kettlebells,running ect. In the afternoon i'll go for a short run on the treadmill and do some sprints because I hate running or i'll do some weights. When i lost weight a few years ago, it was to do with swimming. There isn't a pool around here but if you live near one then that is always great :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I lost 3 pounds the first month. It took me 3 years to reach my goal.
  • rose_ran
    rose_ran Posts: 1
    Options
    At my highest weight I was 215lbs, 5'9 and i lost 10 lbs in the first week because I went hard fast, I have now slowed down with my workouts (from 3 hours a day to 1-2 hours a day 4-6 times a week) and my weightloss is more consistent, whereas before it was all over the place. But mostly I lost my first 30 lbs in the first 2-3 months and have lost 10-15 lbs since then (i fluctuate a lot). Im vegetarian and it really helps that the gym is a 2 minute walk away - no excuses!
  • rosestring
    rosestring Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Okay, thank you so much for you detailed response! I will definitely try that salad idea (it sounds delicious!) and try a similar exercise routine. Sadly, I don't think I will have access to a pool.

I'm sorry I don't have more to say. I wish I could answer your question, but I'm having trouble myself...
  • aditya2491
    aditya2491 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Very happy for your progress :)

My first month progress was around 4 kgs (8.8 lbs). I just focused on my diet. I lived in a hostel so i didn't have much choice on the food. But i made a rule for myself, 'No fried, No sweets and No potatoes'...
  • stephens3019
    Options
    At my highest weight I was 215lbs, 5'9 and i lost 10 lbs in the first week because I went hard fast, I have now slowed down with my workouts (from 3 hours a day to 1-2 hours a day 4-6 times a week) and my weightloss is more consistent, whereas before it was all over the place. But mostly I lost my first 30 lbs in the first 2-3 months and have lost 10-15 lbs since then (i fluctuate a lot). Im vegetarian and it really helps that the gym is a 2 minute walk away - no excuses!

Wow that is really good! I am hoping to be around the same in the first 2-3 months
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I've lost about two pounds in two weeks. Which (considering I'm less than 10 pounds overweight at 5'0) is actually pretty good. Depends on your deficit and your starting weight/height.

(edit: 21, btw)
  • fairyface87
    fairyface87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    When I first lost weight (aged 24) a couple of years ago I found the initial stone was pretty easy to loose. This time around I was a bit gutted it took me so long to loose weight (7lbs in 5 weeks) But I lost 3 inches off my waist in that time, even if the scales weren't moving something was working! :love:

I eat eat pretty healthily (if I add you, check my diary?) and go to the gym at least 3 times a week and run or walk quite a lot on the days in between. Just added you on here, hope that's ok :smile: I generally find that the more I eat, the more I loose, if someone else has advice on the subject though that would be awesome :happy: Alys x
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    When I first lost weight (aged 24) a couple of years ago I found the initial stone was pretty easy to loose. This time around I was a bit gutted it took me so long to loose weight (7lbs in 5 weeks) But I lost 3 inches off my waist in that time, even if the scales weren't moving something was working! :love:

I eat eat pretty healthily (if I add you, check my diary?) and go to the gym at least 3 times a week and run or walk quite a lot on the days in between. Just added you on here, hope that's ok :smile: I generally find that the more I eat, the more I loose, if someone else has advice on the subject though that would be awesome :happy: Alys x

Maybe it's that you have more energy the next day to push through the workouts? But yeah, I have a similar experience, if I eat back my exercise calories- I have better progress.
  • chaloni
    chaloni Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 26 but I feel 25 :) Lost 17 lbs since May 2nd with Ideal Protein. Cleaning eating on my own just wasn't doing it for me. I needed help to hit Kitosis.
  • stephens3019
    Options
    I'm 26 but I feel 25 :) Lost 17 lbs since May 2nd with Ideal Protein. Cleaning eating on my own just wasn't doing it for me. I needed help to hit Kitosis.

17lbs? THATS AMAZING!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!