NSV: My First 5K Run

Options
elghee123
elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
The strategy was to run slowly, it worked. It was too hot that we had to stop 3 times but we managed to finish.

I never thought I could do it and I am glad my friend Nadine was there with me. We hold hands and run fast to finish line.

I was wearing white shirt by the way.

IMG-20140518-WA000.jpg

Replies

• texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for finishing! I too ran my first 5K about three weeks ago and what a thrilling moment to finish. My husband said I yelled so dang loud you would of thought I won the whole thing!

Keep at it now and it really does become easier and you will be able to go longer distances as well!!

Way to get out there and make things happen.
  • ravenwcatz
    ravenwcatz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I run a couple 5K's every year, and I love trying to beat my own previous time. It's a huge motivator to have finished one though. Congratulations!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You'll always remember your first. :)

p.s. It's not about running non-stop you know, it's about getting to the finish line however you can.
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Awesome & Congrats - that is an awesome feat - and to have your friend with you was even more special! I signed up for one this coming Oct 5th - my first 5K ever!
  • Rief3
    Rief3 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    I am running my first one on June 14th!!! With by brother who is 21years older than me....His pace is faster than mine so I have been working hard to get to his.....he will just have to slow down to mine lol.
  • mthr2
    mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Very cool! Congrats!
  • mtikky
    mtikky Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Did my first 5K on Saturday at a Parkrun event (http://www.parkrun.org.uk/tilgate/) managed to jog the first couple of km's but a steep uphill stalled me.

Well done to the OP - the feeling of finishing one is pretty good. :)
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Very good............congrats!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

When using pictures it's like this...lowercase img and take out the spaces: [i m g]yourpicturelinkhere.jpg[ / i m g]

IMG-20140518-WA000.jpg
  • skinnylove79
    Options
    It has really helped me reading all of your comments/post. My 1st 5k is next Saturday. Ive been 'training' for months now. The MOST I have managed to jog (so far) is 2.5miles w/o stopping. They are days when I dont EVEN know how Im going to manage the entire race. But it is something I have ALWAYS wanted to, my Father is a Triathlete. It encourages me to hear all of your stories.
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • LoriLasswell
    LoriLasswell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It has really helped me reading all of your comments/post. My 1st 5k is next Saturday. Ive been 'training' for months now. The MOST I have managed to jog (so far) is 2.5miles w/o stopping. They are days when I dont EVEN know how Im going to manage the entire race. But it is something I have ALWAYS wanted to, my Father is a Triathlete. It encourages me to hear all of your stories.

If you can, try NOT to keep track of where you are in the race. The adrenaline will be pumping, and you'll be so excited to finally be racing, that the last half mile will go past and you'll do it no problem!
  • skinnylove79
    Options
    Thanks for the GREAT advice!
  • tl_dr
    tl_dr Posts: 96
    Options
    I never thought I could do it and I am glad my friend Nadine was there with me. We hold hands and run fast to finish line.

this is so sweet. :')
  • Caroline244
    Caroline244 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You did it!!! :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!