A newby

Options
Hi all,
My name is Tracy and I am brand new to myfitnesspal. I have been dieting for a month now and am down 21 lbs. I still have over 100 lbs. to go but its a start. I have yo-yo diet most of my life and was resigned to the idea that I would always be fat. I was diagnosed with diabetes about five years ago but had always had my blood sugars in control with pills. My glucometer broke a while back and I had quit checking my sugars. Anyway, a month ago I was feeling pretty horrible and I checked m:smile: y blood sugar and found it was over 400. That number really scared me and I decided to make some changes. I am a single mom to three kids ages 7, 9, and 12 and I want to make sure I am around for them. Before when I dieted it was always to get skinny but now my mind set has changed and I am losing weight to get healthy. Wish me luck. I would love any advise that you all have to offer.

Replies

• nowic
    nowic Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :happy:
    Sounds like you are in a right mind set to make changes and stick with them. It is hard- but it will be worth it!! :bigsmile:
    I have been here for almost a month. I have only lost 6 lbs, but I am ok with that. Im a turtle, slow and steady :laugh: Anyhoo- goodluck! And feel free to add me as a friend if you like :drinker: (drinking water of course)
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site:)
    LOTS of support here when you need it the most. Changing your eating habits is the only way to really take the weight off and keep it off; diets don't work.
    I did the same thing you've done; decided that I needed to change my eating habits to be with my teenage daugters. I'm no prediabetic or anything like that but I figured it was time to improve my health, life, and all that goes along with it.
    GOOD LUCK:flowerforyou:
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I've been here for 11 weeks now. You'll find a lot of support here. I was so unmotivated to lose weight until I found this site.
  • dxtwilli
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words and support.
  • dxtwilli
    Options
    It is great to see people who are making it happen. I have a hard time not looking at the large amount of weight I need to lose. I am trying to just take one day at a time. It is nice to see this site is helping so many people.