I went from the MPF weight loss tracker to TDEE

Options
Is there a way to post the TDEE calorie counter on my home page? I cannot use the MPF setting. It is too low in calories for me even maxed out at 2460 for maintenance at my height and weight. My minimum calorie intake is 2866-3000.

Replies

• karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    I don't know of like, anyone, but people who run for hours daily who need 3000 calories to maintain...
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You can set a manual calorie goal. Never tried to set as high as 3000. It won't let you?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I don't know of like, anyone, but people who run for hours daily who need 3000 calories to maintain...

:laugh:

manual cal goal setting.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Just use the 'custom' configuration method?

You can set what you want then.

Mine is set to 2750, but I add a food which is 1000 negative calories on weights workout days so I have a total of 3750 to eat.

I maintain on around 3000 calories when doing weights BEFORE cardio calories are thrown in. That's being male and about 30lb heavier than OP, of course. Today I did some mountain biking, so 3802 calories eaten - and as above, that's 1000 calories less than on a weights day!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Go to My Home > Goals > change Goals and custom. Put your calorie goal there.

If you log exercise change the value to 1 calorie so it doesn't change your calorie goal.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am computer challenged!

I am, however, not a runner. I CAN run but I don't like it. I'm a competitive full contact/point kick boxer (3xs a week) and just starting to lift heavy for the last 6 months 2xs a week via "Starting Strength". I take Sun. & Wed. off. My kick boxing training is usually 60 hard minutes of competing against higher ranking male instructors. I can lose 2 1/2 lbs water weight even staying hydrated in one day. These guys are very fast and frightfully strong. 15 min of "forms" /Kata, and an "evening constitutional" (leisurely walk ) with my DH to chit-chat after dinner that takes 30 minutes.

I'm 5' 9" tall
    142.5 lbs (not 145-150 where I belong!)

I've been steadily adding calories and losing weight. I don't want to lose more weight.
  • karmac0matic
    Options
    Hmm. I guess I'm just not used to people being able to eat that much in a day without gaining. I know if I did that daily even if I constantly worked up a huge sweat every day, I'd gain. So to each their own

Best of luck to you, OP
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

LOLing.....

I'm losing (unintentionally) about 1/2 Lb per week at around 3000 - 3200. I ride for 45 - 60 minutes during the workweek and have one long ride on the weekend and throw some weight training in there a couple times per week for ****s and giggles.
  • karmac0matic
    Options

LOLing.....

I'm losing (unintentionally) about 1/2 Lb per week at around 3000 - 3200. I ride for 45 - 60 minutes during the workweek and have one long ride on the weekend and throw some weight training in there a couple times per week for ****s and giggles.

That's crazy, can I have your life? Hahaha. I wish I could eat that much and still be losing!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    You can manually put your TDEE calories into your settings. Then, when you exercise, you can log the time and put 1 calorie into the amount of calories burned so that your TDEE daily calories aren't increased.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

LOLing.....

That's crazy, can I have your life? Hahaha. I wish I could eat that much and still be losing!

If you want those 45-60min rides you can have his life...

Maintaining on that much requires a lot of exercise...
  • PJPrimrose
    Options
    Biking burns up calories something crazy. Back in the day, when I had time as a teen, I rode approx 300 miles a week and had to freaking binge to keep my weight up. I think I may be a "hard gainer" female....
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Biking burns up calories something crazy.

Huh, I have not found that to be the case with biking. I don't burn much at all. More than walking, but far less than running. Unless you're talking actual mountain biking.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Huh, I have not found that to be the case with biking. I don't burn much at all. More than walking, but far less than running. Unless you're talking actual mountain biking.

All of the calorie estimators I have tried give me huge burns for biking, not mountain biking. Probably twice my running. I always cut the numbers because I feel it is too high.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

You're not going very hard then. I don't burn much on a recovery ride, but most of my weekday rides are full out sprints for 45 - 60 minutes; sometimes road, sometimes CX, and I do a fair bit of climbing a couple days per week as well....all very beneficial to my stamina. Saturday rides are generally 15-20 MPH steady for 3 plus hours for endurance.

A slow recovery ride or a recreational ride isn't going to burn much, but sprinting does, climbing hills does, as do long endurance rides. Right now I'm right around 115 miles per week plus lifting a couple days per week plus all of my other general activity...and even though I have a desk job, I'm pretty active generally with 2 y.o. and 4 y.o. boys, not to mention cooking, cleaning, fixing this and that and whatnot. Likely I will have to revisit my diet when I'm done training for my event though...I'll be back down to 2800ish once I back off the training.
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm at 4 weeks of maintenance. 5'3" 140 lady who does 25 hours/week of manual labor 25 hours a week. 3000 isn't just for people e exercising a lot!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    If you want those 45-60min rides you can have his life...
    If that's a commute and in two parts, not too bad.

I kinda envied a friend that used to do an hour's commute each way on a push bike some days - that's a good chunk of extra food that can be consumed!

On average I thought a person putting a similar sort of effort in running would burn a bit more calories than that effort cycling?
  • PJPrimrose
    Options
    I was on a road/racing bike in the foothills on the desert side of LA. Pretty steep hills and I did keep a very fast pace. I don't remember what my cadence was or anything tho. This was a LONG time ago!
  • fire_under_ice
    fire_under_ice Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I'm currently trying to maintain on 3500-3600 calories but my 4 week moving average shows me very, very slowly continuing to lose weight. I wouldn't say I "run for hours daily". I run about 20 miles a week (3 sessions), cycle about 50 miles (2 sessions) and throw in some bodyweight exercises.

I prefer to use TDEE but track through MFP but have never put in my exercise calories.
  • PJPrimrose
    Options
    I prefer to use TDEE but track through MFP but have never put in my exercise calories.
    [/quote]

I don't think you add exercise calories on TDEE. You work out more than I do for sure tho!