pressing pizza concerns of enormous magnitude..

Options
honsi
honsi Posts: 210 Member
So I'm in a restaurant tonight having pizza- I cut an slice, fold it over and eat it with my hands and I'm half way through when I look up and realise that everyone else is using a knife and fork, its never occurred to me to eat pizza with a knife and fork. So I'm wondering who's right and who's wrong? I'm in the UK , is it a British thing?

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    The only way to eat pizza wrong is to not eat it at all
  • honsi
    Options
    A good point well said.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Just eat it who cares how.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

QFT
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    There is most definitely a wrong way to eat pizza, and that's with a knife and fork.

The best part is licking the oil off your hand before it stains your sleeve.
  • sovknight
    sovknight Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One does NOT eat pizza with a knife and fork. Pizza should never be insulted with "niceties" that way.
  • keef1972
    keef1972 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Perhaps a British thing....or perhaps not...??
    I once saw a guy eat a cheeseburger with a knife and fork. As you as you're eating pizza, it's all good.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

True that!!!

However... Truly... 995 times out of 1000, I use my hands! Only fork & knife if a fancy place & it's dictated that we must.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I've seen British people eat it with a knife and fork. When i travel, I just look around and try and do what the locals do. In America, do what you want.
  • honsi
    Options
    Yes see, its 'hand food' like burgers.
  • honsi
    Options
    Just eat it who cares how.
    I don't esp care, I just feel that pizza doesn't get enough attention, it's not a serious question that is actually worrying me in any way..
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Pizza is a hand food!
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The only time I eat pizza with a knife and fork is when my teeth hurt from my braces, and I cannot actually bite the pizza with my front teeth.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options

This is a quote I can live my life by
  • honsi
    Options
    The only time I eat pizza with a knife and fork is when my teeth hurt from my braces, and I cannot actually bite the pizza with my front teeth.
    So they are used as a kind of medical aid? In an emergency pizza situation? I take it the pizza is medicinal in those cases?
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    It depends. Sometimes I will eat it with a knife and fork if there is a chance i could wear some of it on a light colored shirt or it is exceptionally hot. I prefer just picking it up, but it really just depends on the situation.

FWIW, I have picked up fried chicken in a restaurant but also use a knife and fork. It depends on who I'm with and the type of restaurant.
  • alyssadoeslife
    Options
    I like eating it with a fork and knife! Makes it last longer... Gotta savor every bite
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    In Chicago, where pizza is king, it's deep dish, and thick, that you have to eat it with a knife and fork
  • honsi
    Options
    I like eating it with a fork and knife! Makes it last longer... Gotta savor every bite
    Very good yes, I hadn't thought of that angle, I just like to shove it in my gob as fast as possible. Hands are the faster pizza delivery system.
  • honsi
    Options
    In Chicago, where pizza is king, it's deep dish, and thick, that you have to eat it with a knife and fork
    Do you call it 'pie'? Oh please tell me you do..