Just started p90x - not following diet plan

Options
Hello there!

I have been eating very well for the past couple months and have seen no weight loss. By eating well I mean a ton of vegetables and protein, fruits, minimal if any dairy and carbs or refined starches or sugar. I also try to eat organic (not that it makes a difference in calories) and am very holistic. During those 2 months I ate around 1200-1500 calories. Fitness pal recommends for my job and to loose weight I eat 1200 already. I started p90x and am keeping my calories down to that amount (1200-1500) but if I'm hungry I don't hesitate to eat more, I am just more carful on what I choose to eat during that time. My question is, do you think this will prevent me from loosing weight, seeing as I didn't even lose weight while cutting back my calories before without the exercise?

Replies

• RavenNevermore15
    RavenNevermore15 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi there! It's entirely possible that you're not eating enough calories to lose weight. I speak from personal experience. When I first joined MFP it told me I needed to eat only 1200 a day to lose and I was starving all the time, shaky, and couldn't lose at all. I've also done P90X and girl you'll definitely need more than 1200 a day with the calorie burn on those workouts! Tough stuff, but it's wonderful!! I eat pretty darn clean too but totally don't be afraid of carbs, they're not all bad and your body does need a percentage of them for fuel! I'd suggest bumping your calories up at least to 1400 - 1500 and go from there. Also, if you're looking for friends, add me :)