Replies

• Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Bump bump bump, I can't wait to try this!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Made something similar last night. I also put chili powder in the spice mix, rubbed it on the chicken breast, seared both sides and baked them. My SO and I really liked it. The oldest said it was spicy, but good. The middle one said it was too spicy, and the youngest thought it was good.
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Tried it and yup, super-yummy! (Also, I was able to generously coat four 5oz chicken breasts with the rub).

ETA: I put a very small amount of water in the dish (just enough to cover the bottom). I don't know if that's why it didn't burn but I always find that having just a little water in the pan helps keep meat moist. Maybe the fact the brown sugar is a dry mix helps too.

thanks for the feedback.
  • CarolinaMom4
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thank you for sharing!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious...

225841.jpg

I don't get why you can bake it and the brown sugar doesn't burn. It's the main reason I don't use that or honey on chicken recipes, I'm always afraid of burnt outsides. If anyone can answer why this recipe works without burning, I'd love to try it b/c those combos of spices sounds yummy.

YUM!! This looks great! Thank you for sharing! I am going to make this soon!

One of my favorite marinades for chicken breast is Dijon Mustard, Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar. The longer you have to marinate the better! Its soooo good! To keep the chicken from browning too much with the honey, I just make sure to watch over the grill like a hawk and flip maybe a few times more than normal. I agree though...it is hard to grill or bake when honey is involved.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • youngdreamer
    youngdreamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sounds simple & delicious. Bump for later, thanks. ^-^
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    It came out wonderful! My husband and his taste buds thank you for this recipe! Didn't have any issues with the chicken burning or the rub burning on the chicken. It burned on the sides of the pan, but I lined it with foil so I don't have a mess to clean up.

This rub will work great with any meats!
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy.....I'll have to try it! Thanks :-)
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Bump...keeping a list now!
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump
  • donnellyalynn
    donnellyalynn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • julslenae
    julslenae Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    OP - Did you happen to get this from a website or pinterest?
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    this looks really good, and I have all the ingredients. thanks for the recipe.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    must try
  • karak80
    karak80 Posts: 19
    Options
    Gotta try this!