mixing it up

Options
How is your workout working for you? Are you doing the same workout today that you were doing 2 months ago, 6 months ago, a year ago? Are the scales moving for you?

Mix up your workout routine. You don't have to stop doing your favorite workout. Maybe you need to mix it up by doing three 60 minutes workouts instead of six 30 minute workouts. Or do your current routine 3 days a week and something totally different for the other 3 days.

If you have been doing 60 minutes or more of cardio and your scales are barely moving after a few weeks, you need to change things up. Three hours of cardio is plenty for the average person. Your body NEEDS more than one exercise. (investigate programs like P90X and what they do on the Biggest Loser that work... those programs mix it up daily. They don't do the same thing over and over again. Yes, on the BLer, they do a lot of cardio...but their only purpose every day is to lose weight....lots of weight. We are living life while changing our lifestyle and the scales.

If your scales are not moving like you would like them to, look at not just your calorie intake, but your workout routine too. As well as your resting too.

Getting the scales to move is not magic. Yes, it is a formula, but not magic. Look at ALL areas of your life to get the results you desire. Only then will you find your formula that will allow you to live a healthy lifestyle and be comfortable in your own skin.

Cheering you ALL on!
Jane

Replies

• KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! I have been stuck for months now! I messed with my calories and nothing messed with what I was eating and nothing messed with my workouts and nothing. I really think I need to get a new workout. I have been rotating the same ones and I think my body is needing more :happy: