Nutella

Options
Wolfena
Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
just bought and tasted Nutella for the first time... why didn't anyone warn me the stuff was like eating chocolate icing?!?! How the heck am I supposed to leave it alone? :noway:

Replies

• potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    For a while after I discovered Nutella I was eating it straight out of the jar. Did you ever have a candy called Ice Cubes? It is like eating molten Ice Cubes.

Since I started dieting this summer, the Nutella sits like an evil beacon on the shelf, watching, waiting, laughing an evil laugh!:wink:
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    love it also
  • SparkleKittie
    Options
    Nutella is great, but it's super high in calories and sugar. :/
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I bought some for my kid, but threw it out when I realized I ate 2/3 of the jar!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Total trigger food for me...and very low in nutrition/high in sugar, even though it's marketed as "healthy"

It's essentially a candy bar in paste form. Or the devil in paste form. You decide.:wink:
  • happy_heather121
    happy_heather121 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It is so good. I actually just use it to dip fruit in, 1 Tbsp melted goes a long way with strawberries.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Nutella is AHHH-MAZING. I have been meaning to buy more.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Can't bring it in my house lol.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,655 Member
    Options
    Nutella = crack.

I bought a small jar to taste since everyone was raving about it. I don't think I logged one calorie of the whole jar. I just dipped a spoon in here...dipped it in there...made indecent yummy sounds.... :smile:
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Can't have in the house. Chocolate sugary badness.... mmmm nutella
  • bethly
    bethly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I <333 Nutella! I didn't know of it's glorious existence until just last year! Nutella and Peanut Butter sandwiches... Heavenly!
  • taz12
    taz12 Posts: 32
    Options
    OMG. Can't believe you have only just discovered it. Its addictive. Throw it out! Once you open those jars they disappear.... along with your waist! I love the stuff but have banned it from my shelf. A girl can always dream.....:love:
  • WTFitness
    WTFitness Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Nutella = crack.
    :laugh: My thoughts exactly. It's sooo good...yet so bad. I say Bell Plantation should make Nutella2 so we could eat it guiltlessly!
  • MizBee
    MizBee Posts: 37
    Options
    I also just discovered Nutella a few weeks ago... I have been using it as a sub for peanut butter b/c it has less calories. Im not an addict of the stuff but it def tastes like a sinful delight. :)
  • tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love Nutella and bananas on toasted french bread slices.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    :laugh: My thoughts exactly. It's sooo good...yet so bad. I say Bell Plantation should make Nutella2 so we could eat it guiltlessly!

I actually think the chocolate PB2 is better than this Nutella.... after I posted this yesterday and went back for more, I decided that as delicious as it was the first 3 bites, it got TOO SWEET (never thought I'd say/write those words :laugh: )

For me, I'll have to eat it in small doses! :smile:
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    I love it too, especially on oranges, but you are right about the sweetness. That is why a serving is usually just fine for me. However, as far as the "health" aspects go, it is very similar (almost exactly) to peanut butter. It is afterall, a nut butter with coco and milk added. Certainly not the worst food to consume!

By the way Wolfena, I love your ticker quote. Sums up my feeling exactly!
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Harrison and Mason LOVE it. They eat it on their sandwiches and on crepes. That stuff is so good but I mostly leave it alone. :smokin:
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    IMMEDIATELY LOCATE CHOCOLATE PB2

it is a powdered peanut product with all the fat removed, or most of it, you can add a bit of water and it becomes like peanut butter or use it many other ways, add to smoothies,

I like to dip celery sticks into it, yum,

it comes in chocolate peanut flavor too, it is miraculous, looow in calories,

just do a search here for PB2 and others will have mentioned it,

good luck
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I love it too, especially on oranges, but you are right about the sweetness. That is why a serving is usually just fine for me. However, as far as the "health" aspects go, it is very similar (almost exactly) to peanut butter. It is afterall, a nut butter with coco and milk added. Certainly not the worst food to consume!

By the way Wolfena, I love your ticker quote. Sums up my feeling exactly!

The first ingredient in this stuff is sugar! So, it's not just a nut butter with cocoa and milk added. I think it's totally delicious, but the reason that it's delicious is because of the sugar. It's only marketed as a healthy food.

Peanut butter (especially all natural made with just peanuts) is a much better nutritional bang for your buck.

Just sayin.