HELP! I need protein!

Options
2»

Replies

• Vincisomethng
    Vincisomethng Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hiya - can I ask why did you set your protein to 50% of your daily input?

It was what was recommended. Should I set it a bit lower? It does seem like a large number now that I think about it... I wanted a lot more protein than fats and carbs.

recommended by who? as long as you are eating your bodyweight in lbs x 0.8, you're getting enough protein.

Oh, thanks for that. I'm still 30 grams below, but I think I can get some tofu or tempeh.
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    From what I have read I believe you need about 0.8-1g of protein per lb of weight. Mine are set to:

Carbohydrates 45%
    Protein 20%
    Fat %35

Your protein should not be set to 50% so I don't know if you messed up the settings or what, but you shouldn't have that much...
  • Vincisomethng
    Options
    From what I have read I believe you need about 0.8-1g of protein per lb of weight. Mine are set to:

Carbohydrates 45%
    Protein 20%
    Fat %35

Your protein should not be set to 50% so I don't know if you messed up the settings or what, but you shouldn't have that much...

Why is that much protein bad?
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    quest bars
  • flhedinger
    flhedinger Posts: 35
    Options
    I recommend adding a good serving or two of greek yogurt to your diet (I use it in smoothies, in place of sour cream in meals, and with a drizzle of honey for desert); dark leafy greens have a lot of protein for the calories; lentils, quinoa, beans with brown rice -- the protein in these things will all add up quickly without taking you over on fat. Best of luck!
  • marycatherine000
    Options
    I have the same problem and I do eat seafood! I eat eggs almost everyday--I keep the yolk, but I'm thinking about adding on just whites along with the whole ones--also sardines. I try to anyway. I'll eat a protein bar if I'm on the go but I don't really enjoy them.

Maybe try beans. Red beans are my fave. Also, I second the quinoa. Super easy to cook and it has got a good flavor.

OH! And Icelandic yogurt. Skyr. It's thicker than greek yogurt and has more protein. 20g of protein for only 100 calories worth of yogurt.
  • Vincisomethng
    Options

Carbohydrates 45%
    Protein 20%
    Fat %35

Never mind, I've been told the answer.