Thurs- Elliptical

Fri- Badminton and running

Sat- Walking

Sun- Rest

Replies

• ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    If you have no knee problems, get off of the elliptical and on to the treadmill or stair climber.

What does strength training mean to you? Sit ups are not necessary if you are properly lifting heavy weights.
  • ClaudiaKho13
    ClaudiaKho13 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    If you have no knee problems, get off of the elliptical and on to the treadmill or stair climber.

What does strength training mean to you? Sit ups are not necessary if you are properly lifting heavy weights.

i do have some knee problems
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    looks fine, as long as you're fuelling your workouts properly.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    What are your long term goals? It's hard to evaluate your training programme without knowing what you want to achieve and get out of it.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    If the elliptical is to give you a cardio workout, wou might want to look at alternatives. What do you have access to? In a gym, I'd go for a 30 minute indoor triathlon - 10 mins eahc of rowing, cycling and running (or elliptical). That works a greater variety of msucles and is less boring....
  • ClaudiaKho13
    ClaudiaKho13 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    If the elliptical is to give you a cardio workout, wou might want to look at alternatives. What do you have access to? In a gym, I'd go for a 30 minute indoor triathlon - 10 mins eahc of rowing, cycling and running (or elliptical). That works a greater variety of msucles and is less boring....

i would but i dont have access to a gym my elliptical is at home.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Since you asked for opinions...

It looks like too much exercise to me. 3 day heavy lifting routines are better.

Avoid sit-ups, waste of time and effort.

Exercise programs should be designed to achieve goals. What are your goals?
  • embrace_the_darkside
    Options
    I think you need to be more specific about the sets/reps for your strength training.

Also, I see no problem with the elliptical as long as you make sure you're actually going at it with a proper level of speed/resistance and not letting the machine do the work for you.
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    As above, what are your goals??
    What are you actually doing on your strength training days, how long are you on the elliptical, what setting do you have it at??