lean cuisine?

iamstronger247
iamstronger247 Posts: 47
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
are they worth it???? do you like them?

Replies

• I eat them for lunch sometimes dinner, when I let the boys order pizza or have sea food, I think they are pretty good, they even have some with lower sodium, normally around 700 lowest is around 420, can get around 900 so just watch out for that
  • I eat lean cuisine, or michellena's Harmony meals EVERYDAY for lunch. I find it quick and easy and also they im eating low cal for lunch and not too much :)
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    I think they're the best microwave meal out there... they have veggies mixed in (most others have just meat and starch), and the flavours are good (I really like their grilled chicken with spaghettini in herb sauce). I usually wait until they go on sale then stock up on a bunch since they keep for a while in the freezer.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    I frequently eat lean cuisine meals and pizzas and also the weight watchers smart ones meals. I like them because I know exactly how many calories I am eating - it makes it easier for me to stay true to my calorie goals. I think most of the meals are pretty decent and worth the money for them if you are in a hurry or really wanting to monitor what you eat really carefully.

Vickie
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Of course making your own meal would be better but sometimes when you are on the run I understand you need something quick. When you choose your Lean Cuisine, pay attention to the amount of sodium and sugar as well as the calories. A lot of times processed foods have a lot of added sodium and sugars (just like some restaurant foods). :)
  • I think they are fantastic. Try thier Market Fresh Meals....
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    I love them. It is an easy thing to grab and go to work. Everyone else goes out to McDonald's while I am being healthier and saving money!
  • letha62
    letha62 Posts: 14
    I like them. Quick, easy, tasty and affordable. I can have every meal of the day if I want ,which is great, cause we have 3 different meals going on here all the time. Low cal for me, high cal for my 100 pound grand dad and middle of the road for the all the rest. I add fruit or sugar free treats and tell every one Hi Im Marie Osmond on a budget." LOL
  • I don't eat them because of the sodium.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Hi Im Marie Osmond on a budget." LOL

Love it! And I love Lean Cuisines, too. I especially love stocking up on them when they are on sale!!
  • I'm still new to all of this and definitely still learning, but I love them. I carry one for lunch everyday. They taste great, have a pretty good variety, and cost much less than what I used to spend eating out everyday.
  • I have eaten them before and have enjoyed them, with a salad or fruit. On their own, they do not keep me full for more than a couple of hours. Due to the sodium content, I am not able to work the lean cuisines into my diet anymore. There are several healthy choice meals that are low in sodium that I enjoy most days of the week. The meals are cheaper and healither than takeout. I think the frozen meals are worth it, because they keep me on track during the day. Also less time in food prepreation!
  • i just got my first one tonight for my lunch tomorrow! :bigsmile:
  • dzdame
    dzdame Posts: 89
    They are ok, but the sodium and other additives concern me, so I buy the Kashi frozen meals..Still not ideal, but better and so good for a frozen meal! When I heat at work everyone always comments about how good it smells..The chicken florentine is my favorite.
  • Fernella13
    Fernella13 Posts: 68 Member
    I eat them all the time. it's an easy way for me to count calories. I just wait til they go on sale and stock up on my favs. I do cook but some days a TV diner is perfect after a stressful day!
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    I don't like all the extra ingredients that are packed in them.

For example in the Glazed Chicken...

COOKED CHICKEN TENDERLOINS (CHICKEN TENDERLOINS, **HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP**, WATER, **CORN OIL**, **MODIFIED CORNSTARCH**, LEMON JUICE CONCENTRATE, SODIUM PHOSPHATES, **SALT**, CARAMEL COLOR, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, GARLIC, ONION, PAPRIKA, SPICE), WATER, BLANCHED ENRICHED LONG GRAIN PARBOILED RICE (WATER, RICE, IRON, NIACIN, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, FOLIC ACID), GREEN BEANS, MUSHROOMS, ONIONS, 2% OR LESS OF BLANCHED WILD RICE, **MODIFIED CORNSTARCH**, **SUGAR**, **SALT**, CULTURED WHEY, **CHICKEN FAT**, LEMON JUICE CONCENTRATE, CARAMEL COLOR, DEHYDRATED ONIONS, SPICES, DEHYDRATED GARLIC, PAPRIKA.

Cornstarch is in two of the ingredients..

I quite enjoy preparing my baked chicken breast and fresh veggies with wild the night before... lets me know I'm staying in my goals, and not having to suffer with all this extra stuff then ponder to myself why I'm stuck at a certain weight...
This discussion has been closed.