When You Still Look Fat in "New" Pictures

I'm rarely in photographs but recently it was my nephew's birthday party and I decided to not purposely move out of camera shots. I've lost a fair bit of weight and was secretly looking forward to seeing how I look (I dressed up for the event). Well, I just took a look at the photos and was disappointed. I'm not as slim as I hoped and the weight loss on my face didn't help as much as I thought it would. There's not really much one can say to "support" someone in this situation so I'm kind of going on a pointless self-tirade, I guess.

I wanted to start the new day on a better note since yesterday was emotionally difficult. I'm off on the wrong track so far.

Replies

• katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    It is hard to tell the difference in snap shots because so much depends on how you are posed, even super skinnies can look bigger because of the direction they are pointed to the camera and that is why we see the same flattering poses on the red carpet time after time! I bet if you take pics in just your undies in the exact same pose every month your weight loss would be obvious. Keep going because the camera will catch up even at social occassions :wink:
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    I have to admit, I am just relieved because I just think "what would they have looked like before!". We went to a wedding recently, I had to sit on the front row for one photo, I just covered my tummy best I could and smiled... yes, big, but not as big as a I was, so the photos are a nice reminder of work in progress.