Starting Weight Loss Tomorrow (:

Options
Hi everyone,I just came across the site today
and decided to start my first diary to keep track of my food/exercise.
In the past,I thought the way to loosing weight was through unhealthy manners, bulimia and no exercise.
After about a year now I have overcome this sickness and decided to try a healthier way.
I would love support in my goal in dropping 10 pounds.
I would also love to support you in your weight loss as well. :happy:

Replies

• baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are in the right place, you will find friends, support and motivation here. Good luck this week.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • cherechere
    Options
    Thank you very much and I appreciate your friend request (:
  • BK120
    BK120 Posts: 107
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. This site is amazing and the support is great. Good luck.
  • cherechere
    Options
    Thank you (:
    I have noticed how great the support is just in the last 30 minutes.
    I love how nice everyone is and how they are willing to encourage anyone.
    Good luck to you as well.
  • buckeyereavis
    Options
    just started today toooo
  • cherechere
    Options
    Good luck to you! (:
    Ugh its going to be SO hard to stick to all of this haha.
  • Weathergirl
    Options
    I'm so glad you made the decision to step away from the bulimia & no exercise. I just joined this site today myself...a friend of mine has been here for about a month & has lost 10lbs. You have my support - good luck! :happy:
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I just joing MFP tonight as well. My friend from work has lost 10 lbs since October 1st without even working out. The best tip I can give you is to find an activity you enjoy. This way, working out will not be a drag but something you enjoy. I enjoy kick boxing and actual boxing as well as step and cycling. I like gyms that have group exercises. This way, it is kind of like having yuor own personal trainer with just more people around. Some gyms charge an additional fee to partake in the group classes. Also, you can still eat the same meals with healthier substitutes. For example, ground turkey instead of grund beef, whole wheat pasta instead of white, brown rice instead of white, wheat bread instead of white, etc. I think you see what I am getting at. Good luck on your journey.
  • cherechere
    Options
    Thank you ladies :)
    Hoepfully we can help each other out.
    I would love to know of some workouts and such.
    Kick boxing sounds like a great thing to start with!
    Good luck and you both have my support as well.
  • cherechere
    Options
    Thank you ladies :)
    Hoepfully we can help each other out.
    I would love to know of some workouts and such.
    Kick boxing sounds like a great thing to start with!
    Good luck and you both have my support as well.
  • goldwingrider
    goldwingrider Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for making this healthy choice to lose weight! I just started last week and lost 5.2 lbs! I am here if you need encouragement!
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Welcome I'm a newbie but love it here already!

I've been tracking my food intake for a week and lost 6.8 lbs my first week on. :)

I'm super excited your here and even more excited you have decided to lose weight the healthy way. I look forward to watching your success.
  • R200thie
    R200thie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Family haha! Glad you have decided to loose weight the healthy way! It will stop off much easier that way! Good luck and hope to congratulate you soon on weightloss xx :flowerforyou:
  • crissi66
    Options
    Good luck. Just try and remember everyday is different and there will be your ups and downs. Try and stay positive. I just started last week as well and its more than just counting calories it is a complete lifestyle change. Take your time and make smart choices that wont put too much pressure on yourself emotionally.
  • cherechere
    Options
    Aw I just love how everyone is so nice and caring :)
    Thank you everyone!
    I really appreciate all the great feedback.
    I love how this is a lifestyle change.
    It makes me want to stick with it more because of that reason.
    And again, thank you all so much and good luck to each and every one of you!