Favorite Quotes

Options
muth3rluvx2
muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
What is your favorite quote - whether philosophical or inspirational?

One of mine is:

"You have a choice--you can either create your own future or you can become the victim of a future that someone else creates for you!"

This is so globally true, even for all of us here. What's yours?

Replies

• kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; They just make the most of everything that comes along their way.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Dear chocolate, please take the form of a 0 calorie Snickers in my hand

"Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot; who calls you back when you hang up on him; who will stay awake just to watch you sleep.Wait for the guy who kisses your forehead; who wants to show you off to the world when you are in your sweats; who holds your hand in front of his friends. Wait for the one who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares about you and how lucky he is to have you. Wait for the one who turns to his friends and says, "...that's her.""

Don't worry about a thing 'cause every little thing is gunna be alright - Bob Marley

Got to be true to myself - Ziggy Marley
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    "Excuses are tools of the incompetent, and those who specialize in them seldom go far."
  • hingebre
    Options
    You can do anything. But not everything.
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    "Excuses are tools of the incompetent, and those who specialize in them seldom go far."

Oooh.. SWIPE!!!! lol...

I love this one!!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Just because i'm wandering doesn't mean I'm lost.
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    If you settle for less....less is all you will get.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't shoot their husbands. They just don't!" - Elle Woods (Legally Blonde)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis - Education is the first form of rebellion.

Or the quote in my signature.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My mom used to say this one:

You're no better than anyone else but you're just as good as anyone else.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    “The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair” - Douglas Adams
  • binary_jester
    Options
    “The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair” - Douglas Adams
    I love Douglas Adams
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    I love Douglas Adams

we had a mourning "party" when he died. I don't think I got to go so when I say "we" I mean the collective group of "friends" that I more or less grew up with. I would say that there were probably at least 40 people present. Loved the books - didn't really care for it when they tried to bring it all to life in a live-action film. Just didn't quite work. :ohwell:
  • binary_jester
    Options
    I love Douglas Adams

we had a mourning "party" when he died. I don't think I got to go so when I say "we" I mean the collective group of "friends" that I more or less grew up with. I would say that there were probably at least 40 people present. Loved the books - didn't really care for it when they tried to bring it all to life in a live-action film. Just didn't quite work. :ohwell:
    I almost got to see him in person. I was all set to go to a speaking engagement and he got snowed in...in Texas. Only Douglas Adams. :laugh:
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options

[/quote]I almost got to see him in person. I was all set to go to a speaking engagement and he got snowed in...in Texas. Only Douglas Adams. :laugh:
    [/quote]

So who didn't bring their towel?????? You know that's what happened...
  • OnionCookie
    Options
    I was really upset when he passed. I don't have any friends that know his books. They are too focused on Twilight or Harry Potter. lol They look at me so strangely on Towel Day. XD
  • OnionCookie
    Options
    I think he was brilliant. So glad to see other fans. XD
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    I hope some day to have time to reread the series. It's been a VERY long time. lol... myself included, various individuals in our group were dubbed Marvin. It would've been cute if it hadn't been so pathetic.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    "Get Familiar with Cannibalism"

Hunter S. Thompson
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    "Do or do not, there is no try"

Yoda