too much weight loss

Options
Ive lost 76 lbs in the last three months but i continue to lose a steady 5 to 6 lbs a week. I was 320 now I'm 244. Im taking in 2000 calories a day and doin about 5 hours of cardio a week. Im following the program on here to lose only 2 lbs a week. Everywhere i read is its not good to lose that much weight a week. I havent suffered any ill effects because of this, I actually feel great. So my question is are there any exceptions to the rule that you shouldnt lose more than 2 lbs a week long term?

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I think weight loss slows down the less you have to lose. I'm sure you will experience this eventually, so until then, don't worry about it - make hay while the sun shines!! :bigsmile:

Mind you, on saying that, I hope you are exercising and keeping your muscles toned!!!!!!! If not, you are probably losing muscle as well as fat which is NOT good!

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • MandyMandz
    Options
    Thats just like me. Ive been loosing a lot of weight, in the past month, ive lost 21 pounds. I dont think its anything to worry about. Great job on the weight loss! :smile:
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    As long as you are feeling ok, don't worry about it. 2 lbs a week is recommended but it not the law. Main thing to remember is you need to make sure you are getting enough neutrition and once you finish, it just very easy to go back to old habbits is you are not carefu.

Congrats and keep up the great work.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You should check with your Dr but I think it will start to slow eventually. You must have been eating a lot more than 2000 cals and not exercising before - and now your body is responding in an amazing way! Make sure you are getting all your nutrients. Congrats on a fantastic loss!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    You definitely sound like you're eating enough and working out as you should, so I wouldn't worry. Great job on the weight loss!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    The heavier you are, the more you lose. I sometimes have weeks where I lose 4 pounds. Sounds like you're doing everything right, perfectly healthy. I'm guessing it'll slow down eventually, but if it doesn't, no worries! You're just very lucky. Super metabolism! :)
  • ♡MyCurves
    ♡MyCurves Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Can i say HOLY COW!! What an accomplishment! You should be VERY proud of yourself. I am also losing more than 2 lbs per week....It is because we have a lot of weight to lose. I have only been exercising and eating better for about 2.5 weeks and on Saturday I was down a total of 18 pounds. If you are really concerned if it's unhealthy, (which i'd say its not, but im NOT a doctor), then go ahead and talk to your primary doc. and see what he or she has to say. Once again..CONGRATS =D
  • sandyvanderstelt
    Options
    the bigger you are, the faster you will lose. it will slow down eventually. i think the reason they say its not good to lose that fast is you are more likely to gain it back. watch biggest loser, they all lose that fast. i say good for you!! just keep it up, and if it really worries you, see a doctor. ;)
  • cosmicbrut
    Options
    Thank you all for the info and support. I wasnt so concerned at first because I was drinking way too much alcohol and i figured it was just water weight but that was three months ago. So I'll stick with the program and keep exercising not to try not to lose muscle mass.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I've lost 9 lbs in 10 days and I feel great. I don't expect that to continue when I get closer to my goal weight. In fact that is where the battle will begin.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is some serious success. I think the one thing you need to worry about is are you going to burn yourself out, but I would say keep doing what you are doing because it is working!
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    i use to be 323 pounds and that sounds about right to me. don't stress about it weightloss hard enough.