Michael Thurmond's Sixy Day Body Makeover...

Options
Have any of you tried this program? Likes? Dislikes? How did you do? Successes? Failures? I have been very happy about my weight loss "plan" and results-until this morning. My sister-in-law asked me if I had lost weight. I was ecstatic! Someone noticed, right?! So, I say, "Yeah, 7 pounds in the past 2 weeks!" She smiled and said, "That's good. I lost 7 pounds in one week." Come to find out, she is on this plan. So, she said that I could look at her stuff... Will I be able to follow the plan without buying a $120 kit?! I just don't have that kind of money!

**Just realized that I had Sixy instead of Sixty in the subject line. Please excuse my typo!**

Replies

• GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    & here i thought it was suppose 2 be "Michael Thurmond's Sexy Day Body Makeover"

i kinda like that :wink: :flowerforyou: :glasses: j/k

i wonder how the results r w/that as well
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I tried it when it was the 6 week body makeover. The first time I gave up after 8 weeks... way too restrictive. I did lose 45 pounds though. I had major hair loss (handfulls at a time), digestive problems, blood sugar bottomed out if I misssed a feeding time, and very low blood pressure to the point of dizziness. I kept 25 of it off for 5 years then gained it all plus more back because of stress and going into starvation mode (I don't eat when stressed). I tried it again a couple years ago and lost 25 in 6 weeks, and gave up because I got tired of eatting the same stuff. If you mess up a day it really hinders the weight loss. The hair started falling out again and had a lot of constipation (concrete like). Again put it back on plus a few more because of stress reactions. I just couldn't see myself eatting like that for the rest of my life. I could not stop everything and run off to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours. I quit my stress filled job and went back to school and now am now here. So far I have lost 32 (unofficial) in 3 months and haven't had any digestive or hair loss problems, no blood sugar drops and my blood pressure stayes stable. I have also not had any problems sticking to my calories. They say the 6WBMO plan is about 1000 cals a day, but I think it works out to less. No extra calories when you exercised either.

The support on MFP is much better. The 6WBMO site was always very negative when you messed up even a little bit. If you strayed from the plan it stopped the weight loss, and it would take a couple weeks to get it going again. It got to the point that if you weren't losing weight "they" didn't want you there and I saw where they suggested to many people that maybe the plan wasn't for them and they should try something else. I didn't particularly care for being made to feel like a failure because my life at the time didn't allow me to follow the plan to a T. It was also a bit carb heavy for me. They did have an extensive recipe forum where people got very creative using only allowed foods, but you were discouraged from trying many of them until you got to your maintenance phase.

I wish your sister luck, and you too if you decide to try it. It does work, but it comes at a price. I just wasn't willing to pay that price for the rest of my life.
  • pines2palms
    Options
    It is the Six Week Body Makeover... I goofed big time! In my defense, I was watching a movie, talking to my husband, eating, and trying to post at the same time...

I read up on it yesterday. I found out more about the restrictions...and my sister-in-law made me feel like such a "loser" (not in the weight loss sense) for not being as excited about it as she is...and that she lost the same amount of weight in one week as I did in two. I will never be able to follow the program whole-heartedly, but may incorporate bits and pieces... HERE is where I will stay for the long-haul! :)
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Well, you could wait until she is around week 5 or 6 and have a Skinny Cow icecream sandwich in front of her..... but that would be mean.:bigsmile:

I bet she will see some of her weight return when she goes off the diet. You won't, because you will have changed your lifestyle for the better.
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm all for healthy & sustainable losses.
    I like sane diets.
    Your sister in law needs to back the soul train up.

Though, she may like sagging skin and internal organ damage, good for her.
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm all for healthy & sustainable losses.
    I like sane diets.
    Your sister in law needs to back the soul train up.

Though, she may like sagging skin and internal organ damage, good for her.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Well, you could wait until she is around week 5 or 6 and have a Skinny Cow icecream sandwich in front of her..... but that would be mean.:bigsmile:

I bet she will see some of her weight return when she goes off the diet. You won't, because you will have changed your lifestyle for the better.

She will. With a diet you relinquish control of your body and what you put in it. With a lifestyle change you are taking control of your body and what you put in it. That's the difference between her and you. Hers will come back because she can't eat like that the rest of her life. Yours will stay off because you can.
  • chrystal86
    Options
    i almost tried it but i decided im
    going to join weight watchers instead to change my lifestyle
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I didn't like it. I found it to be too restrictive. I felt bad most of the time..probably just me. But I would never try it again.
    I got my money back.
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I was on that plan off and on for years!!!! I am now taking what I have learned from the plan, using its concepts and tweaking it a little, by adding in foods that a healthy person should be eating, such as dairy. I lost almost 100 lbs in 8 mts on that plan, then gained it all back!. I know tweaking it some will make for a slow weight loss, but I know that this is "real" eating. I am not restricting or limiting myself so that I can make it a lifelong eating commitment and not just 6 weeks : )