yo yo dieter

Options
Hello all! I am new to this forum, and I have found in the last 10 years, I go through times I am super motivated and lose weight, and then times I just don't care. I am currently at my highest weight at 205 pounds.(which I can hardly believe) I went through an emotional year in which I went through a break up with my boyfriend I lived with for three years and I think I stress eat and find food comforting. I find I can stay on track for maybe a week and then "something" comes up. A holiday, festival, party etc... and I go off track. My other issue is that I am constantly on the go. How do you stay motivated?

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • xxquzme
    xxquzme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I do it by looking back at pictures of me. I find that when i actually see what i look like i find it much easier to stop eating and start working out. I hate the way that i looked before i lost some weight. It makes me sick. Way more worth not eating then becoming that guy again. Good luck.
  • stacy3333
    stacy3333 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ah- thanks for the tip. There was a time I was happy with the way I looked so maybe if I look at pictures of myself where I was satisfied could help too!
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Yeah. When I look at my old pictures, my head is so big that it looks as if I can read minds. I hope that you have the willpower to stay on track because nothing beats good health.