Yo Momma So Fat...

Options
My son is 14 years old and I never want anyone to say "Yo Momma so fat" to him and he become embarrassed that it is in fact true. He is at the age where kids start noticing things. I don't want to be an embarrassment to him, not that I want to be a cool mom. More that not wanting to be an embarrassment, I don't want to die young. I am 34 years old, 5'2" and I weigh 270. I'm halfway through Cosmetology School and am working on my Associates in Applied Science. So may people say "Big is Beautiful"...well if you're into that, but I don't feel beautiful and I will be in the beauty industry.

So, I am looking for friends, all kinds! Some to tell me good job, some to get ideas from, and some to kick my butt into gear when needed and I will do the same!!

I have very few real friends because my self esteem is so low that I don't leave my house! I used to hear that I was pretty...not anymore! :(

Am I ready for a change? YES! Am I depressed? Maybe, but that is changing today!

Add me and together we can do this! I am a real fun and crazy person, if I feel liked!

Replies

• nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Gooo for you, but don't listen to what 14 year-olds have to say! They not the brightest or most empathetic people out there.
  • MomforNoah
    MomforNoah Posts: 76
    Options
    I have a 13 year old son :) Sent you a FR
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Give it time. Maybe one day they will say "Yo Momma *used to be* So Fat..."

You can do this thing! You have what it takes to make the change. You are trying to change your life in other ways (your Associate's degree, your Cosmetology certification) and this means that you are a determined woman, and that you are persistent and consistent.

Those are all the qualities that will make you successful in your weight loss. Now that you have put your mind to it, it will happen!

I'm not very fun or crazy (okay, maybe crazy), but I like fun and crazy! I'm always looking for upbeat folks who are motivated and on the trajectory toward successful change in health and fitness.

Add me if you'd like.
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. I've suffered from depression. Good food, friends and exercise are the cure. If I were you, I'd be more concerned about what your son is eating because you are his example. Start with small goals. As you achieve them, your self-esteem will improve and it will get easier.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    14-yr-olds don't like it when their friends say "Your mom is so hot" either. You are making the right choice. Everyday is a new beginning. Everyday is not perfect, all you can do is try to improve something not everything all at once. Welcome! You can add me if you like I'm on here everyday. Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    If you think you may be depressed seek help for that. It's not always something that can just be wished or decided out of existence.

Welcome you will find lots of great tools on this site to help you to your goals. :flowerforyou: