Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life!

Options
Tomorrow is DAY 1 for my best friend and I ... any words of advice?

Replies

• BexC
    BexC Posts: 53
    Options
    slow and steady, and just to enjoy the support on here! x
  • calthine
    calthine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just log EVERYTHING you eat and use the MFP calories goals. I'm stunned how easy this is relative to counting calories 25 years ago.
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I think I'd have stopped after about 6lbs if it wasn't for MFP........ 7 weeks on here and 14lbs..... I'm happy with that, a sensible pace and you are more likely to maintain the loss after.

I have learnt so much about food, our body's chemistry and myself since being on here. I know that if I am planning a "worse" day, I will either be careful what I eat on the other meals or ensure I exercise as part of that day to counterbalance the calories. :blushing:

Most of all, enjoy doing this for YOU!!! :wink:
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Hi,

my advice would be "baby steps"!

Don't try to change too much too soon. Take it slowly..... one step after the other like:
    - first count calories
    - then see where you can cut back without "suffering" too much
    - then cut back one after the other, slowly making your stomach (and mind ! ) get used to smaller portions

Same with exercise:
    - start with a 5 minutes walk
    - then slowly add minutes from day to day or from week to week
    - then try out something new ( treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical...)

If you change all at once, you might be hungry, sore and craving.... and all 3 are not really fun!
    After all you want to stick with this change for the rest of your life, so make it bearable.

Oh, and one last thing: be honest with yourself! You can lie to anyone, but lying to yourself won't bring you any further :-)

MM