Back from the brink

Options
I feel that since joining this site and restarting my diet again that I've come "back from the brink."

I actually weigh more than I did at the beginning of the year. But I feel that a disastrous rebound has been reversed. Even though I now weigh 127.4 kg I actually feel "bouncy" and more energetic. Some of you probably know what I mean. It's not always what you weigh that makes you feel better about yourself, but whether you are going in the right direction that counts.

On 1/1/2010 I started a low calorie diet. I was determined to "stay on the diet the entire decade." I started at 124.6 kg and got down to 114.6 kg - a loss of 10 kg = 22 lb. At my weight not many people noticed, but my clothes were definitely much loser and I could definitely tell.

Unfortunately I fell off the wagon and regained 5 kg before my summer trip to the U.S. Yet, even at 119.6 kg my clothes fit well. But in the U.S. my diet was a disaster and by the time I got home I was like 127.8 kg! After I got home I was stressed and didn't even bother to diet and then it happened. On the morning of the 10th the scale showed 130.0 kg.

"No!" I thought. I'm not going to be complacent about this. Then I found this site and my weight has been slowly coming down over the last two weeks. So far I've lost 2.6 kg = 5.7 lb. More importantly to me I passed a small milestone - I weigh less than I did than when I got back from my U.S. trip.

I'm going to take things in small milestone steps. My next goal is to get back down to 124.6 kg - what I started the year with. Then 119.6 kg - my weight before my summer trip. Then 114.6 kg - my low weight this year. And then on from there.

So I'm feeling positive about it right now, even though I'm the only one who can tell the difference.

doug

Replies

• dgweisblatt
    Options
    Doug - It's GREAT that you're back in control. I'm sure that other people notice, but perhaps haven't said anything to you. AND it really doesn't matter - what matters is that YOU can tell, YOUR clothes show the improvement, and YOU are motivated to continue on this journey.

As unpleasant as it may be, weigh yourself often (even after you "fall off the wagon") to keep you "honest" an on track. You CAN succeed at this and you'll be happier and healthier when you do!

Deb
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I can certainly relate to coming "back from the brink!" Good for you for getting back on track and moving forward and thanks for sharing your story. I've had a very similar year, weight-loss wise, and after reading your post, I feel more positive about getting back on track.
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    Great feeling Doug - 5.7 lbs in 2 weeks is ideal and does not count as slow!! This site really does help a lot - log everything even if you go off track then you can review and readjust.

jc