Working out on sore days

Options
So, I have upped my weight during my routine this past week and yesterday, my husband and I did a LOT at the gym (LEG DAY!). Today, needless to say walking is a chore, and by shoulders, arms, and back are still very sore but it's been a couple of days since I trained upper body. We are still headed to the gym tonight. What would be a good workout plan?

Replies

• running4thehigh
    running4thehigh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Try exercising a different muscle group. Your body is obviously still repairing its muscles (protein and water to help speed up the process!!!), so I wouldn't do too much of an upper body workout if you're still that sore.

If you want to train through the soreness, maybe target the muscle group that hurts the least.
    E.g. delts/abs. or biceps/triceps.

Just take it easy!
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Try exercising a different muscle group. Your body is obviously still repairing its muscles (protein and water to help speed up the process!!!), so I wouldn't do too much of an upper body workout if you're still that sore.

If you want to train through the soreness, maybe target the muscle group that hurts the least.
    E.g. delts/abs. or biceps/triceps.

Just take it easy!

Thanks! My triceps definitely need it and are not too sore. I could give them a mild workout.