Macros!

Options
So my issue is I keep going over fat macros and slighty under carbs. I have my macros set as p120 c160 and fat 54. But I keep finding myself going over on the fat most days, usually by about 10-15g. I sometimes means I am slightly over my calories of 1590, but this is usually on a workout day becasue Im hungrier! The fat sources are usually coming from foods like greek yoghurt, egg yolks, avocaodo, nuts, coconut and rapeseed oil for cooking, and hummus. I seem to prefer eating foods from these sources rather than carbs, although I do eat oats fruit and veggies and brown rice as my main carb sources .

My overall aim is to drop body fat by a few percent - so I am eating at a 20% deficit. Is it really crucual to stay within these macros, or to just stay consistent?

Replies

• WatsonS90
    WatsonS90 Posts: 4
    Options
    What really matters is overall calories, as long as that stays within your range then you'll be fine.
  • jmoneycgt
    jmoneycgt Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    In general order of importance:

1. Staying at or slightly under your calorie goal
    2. Meeting your minimum protein requirement (it will help aid muscle recovery when you exercise)
    3. Drink plenty of water! Staying hydrated just makes you feel better and helps prevent muscle soreness. Also contrary to what you would think, the more hydrated you are, the less water weight you carry around.
    4. Just let carbs/fats fall into place. Dietary fat is important for life, but as long as you are hitting 30-40g it doesn't really matter too much.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice both :smile:

I think with macros, you can get too caught up with numbers, so Im going to just make sure I get enough protein, and let the carbs and fats fall into place lie you said.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm always over on my fat macros. The peanut butter calls to me. :love: