Germany Calling

Options
Hello
This is my first day using myfitnesspal. I am Scottish but living in Germany - where they are not known for low-calorie food!! Need to loose about a stone to fit into a little black dress for a Xmas night out. Had a weigh-in this morning and was horried but then I did have a big food/drink blow-out last night. Off to a zumba class tonight so hopefully this will kick-start my whole new healthy lifestyle. Watch this space.....................!

Replies

• mobymarsh
    mobymarsh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP i live in the uk i have friends who live in munich so i know what kind of foods you are talking about. i hope you get into the dress for xmas
  • izobel
    izobel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Oh those divine pig trotters and bread dumplings with spinach, parmesan and butter. And of course the wheat beer ... There'd be no little black dress for me if I lived in Germany! Lucky I'm in Japan where low calorie choices abound and overweight people don't go out in public. Good luck!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! I hope you can change your view point asap, it's rather sad.

My family is German - I'm the first American. The food isn't bad, it's what you choose to eat. If you keep your mind set that the culture is going to sabotage you then you're setting yourself up for failure. My family eats plenty of wonderful foods that aren't horrible. I wish you luck and hope that you can learn to enjoy where you are. It's really a wonderful place.

Remember that nutrition is more than just calorie counting, it's also what makes up your intake.

If it's any consolation, I've always lost weight when I've gone over to visit my family... :)
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Ha!!! Welcome!!! We lived in Germany for 5 years and loved it. I do love their salads and their vollkern brotchen or the pumpkin seed brotchen, could eat them everyday!!! I am trying to lose my post baby Germany weight!!!!! Good luck.