Have you named your car?

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    In my early 20's, I drove a saddle-brown 71 Pontiac LeMans that my friend affectionately nicknamed "the Pumpkin". Saddle-brown is almost a pale orange when it fades. :laugh:
  • willboywonder
    willboywonder Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    His name is Kaleb. My previous car was named Mr. Tibbs. Before that, her name was BeeBee
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    We had a red Ford Windstar that we called the big red turd as it was nearing the end of it's life. It was costing us way too much to keep it running but we couldn't afford to replace it yet.

Currently a Pontiac Montana named Sally. No reason except I need it to keep going a little bit longer so I gave it a nice name. I tell Sally how much I appreciate her often. :blushing:

Next month I'm getting a 2014 Toyota RAV 4 - no more mini van! Yay! :drinker: Need a really cool name for that.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    For my first car, back in 2002/2003, I had a champagne colored 1990(or somewhere there abouts) Chrysler New Yorker. It had air ride suspension and was pretty much fully loaded for the time. My dad bought the car from his friend Steve because Steve's mom had to stop driving for some health reason or another. I loved it because the car didn't look like a student's car so if I was late I'd park it in the visitor spots and I never got ticketed. :glasses:

Anyway, my friends and I named the car Pimp.

Pimp was totaled by an old lady when she pulled a pit maneuver on me by pulling out of a parking lot and placing a direct hit on my rear passenger side wheel well. This hit sent me into the curb, through a row of bushes (I dodged the trees), into the parking lot that she had just pulled out of where I hit an F350 dually full of cute European guys, and then I ended up back out in the road. Yeah, my controlling arm snapped when I hit the curb so Pimp was basically a ping pong ball. It was sad :cry: . And then one of the European guys walked over picking up some scattered pieces of Pimp on the way over before handing them to me and saying "I think these are yours." That made it a little better because he was really rather attractive :blushing:. I ended up having to ride the bus for the last two weeks of my senior year of high school. It sucked a little.

Rest in pieces Pimp, if I had been in a newer car that was less of a tank for that accident I might not be alive to type this today. You were the best first car a girl could have asked for. :flowerforyou:

I've never named a car since. :laugh:
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    2010 Toyota Corolla, green, named "Gretta the Ghetto-Mobile" because she's had a broken window since Christmas, among other damanges. :)
  • Texusmc
    Texusmc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    my boys named my F250- Sarge. sigh....oh well
  • MOO4ROO
    MOO4ROO Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mine is a Mercedes and is called the Moomobile :laugh:
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My husband's 1975 orange Dodge pickup is named Lilly simply due to the color.
    My 2004 Ford Minivan is named Fred. I do not know why we picked that name but it stuck.
    My husbands 2004 Dodge Ram four door pickup is named Richard well that's what my son thinks.....I call it D***.....because my husband bought it without me and paid too much!!
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I have named my last 3... but am having trouble naming my most recent one.

Previous:
    Dark Blue 2002 VW Jetta 1.8T: Irene
    Candy Green 2007 Volvo XC70: Candy
    Dark Blue 2010 Subaru Forester XT: Chloe
    Black 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara: ________ (struggling to pick one... was thinking 'Betty' because it is black and seemed the most fitting, but I have a friend and her black Jeep Patriot has that name... any ideas?)

haha
  • Elizabeth_Darcy
    Elizabeth_Darcy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1984 Mercury Marquis: Amy. That thing was a tank.

Now I have a 2001 Chevy Prizm named Molly, which usually gets shortned to Molls.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Bessie and I'm not really sure why, lol.

Me too!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I had a Dodge Shadow named Clyde after Clyde the Camel from the song Ahab the Arab by Ray Stevens because from the time I bought the car, brand new, when it was cold, my steering wheel made the same noise as Clyde the Camel in the song when I turned the wheel, Dodge never could figure out what caused it and no matter what they did, it never stopped. My dad says that's the only car that he's ever been around that actually had a personality.
    There were no name cars before and after Clyde, then came my Jeep Liberty, Bert and now I have my Kia Soul, his full name is The Cuteness That Is Gordon Gordon, but he goes by Gordon for short (or in the case of one of my friends, she always calls him Cuteness)
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    My Chevy Spark is AllSpark :wink:
  • gemaquaries
    gemaquaries Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My first Car-an older Mercury that I named Bandito
    My current-a ford named Prelude to a Mustang...(lol) but Prelude for short
    As for my next car which will be a mustang.. I haven't thought that far out yet lol
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    when I lived in the UK I named my cars based on the 3 letters in the registration plate... I can't remember them without looking at the plates though.... none of the cars I've driven in Bahrain have been named though other than one, which was my husband's beaten up old Honda that died of overheating on the slip road off a highway right in the middle of a very busy junction, which was nicknamed "the dinosaur".... all the other cars have been hire cars and the one I'm currently driving is a much newer Nissan that belongs to my husband, but isn't going to have a name as I'm giving it back to him soon.
  • bethkyle
    bethkyle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My 2012 Mahogany Nissan Quest is named Diana Ross.
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Blue Chrysler minivan - Boodica: the Celtic Warrior Queen
    Silverado 4 x 4 - George
  • fit2014yay
    fit2014yay Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mine is ice blue, so her name is "Baby". Also, nobody puts Baby in a corner!!

Previous cars were the Bulldog, the Tank, the Armada (because it was bigger than the Tank!), and the Cosmic Ark. :laugh:
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    2012 Ford Fusion - Freddy
    1999 Buick Regal - Reggie
    2006 Subaru Legacy - Larry
    2003 Mazda Protege 5 - Pete
    2003 Hyundai Santa Fe - Dante
    2000 Dodge Stratus - no name
    1994 Ford Ranger - no name
    1966 Mercury Monterrey - The Beast
    1968 Mercury Montclair - Monty