124»

Replies

• crossfire266
    Options
    The amount of broscience and misinformation in this post
  • fat2fit4good
    fat2fit4good Posts: 154
    Options
    I just started Atkins again. I did it a few years ago and it sure works to REALLY kickstart your weight loss. The problem is you have to ease your way into eating some carbs after the strict induction phase (nuts, some fruits, some whole grains in moderation), but instead a lot of people lose the weight during induction, claim victory and then go straight back to cereal, toast, pizza and bread. If you do that, you wasted your time. Doing that simply switches your metabolism to its old ways with a vengeance, insulin levels spike, hunger pangs return, etc.. doing this is probably worse for you than not doing any diet at all. I did this, and I paid for it.

I plan to use the induction phase to kickstart weight loss and *****slap my metabolism into burning some of my plentiful fat deposits... then slowly ease my way into phase 2 for a while. I have never had a sweet tooth, so eventually I'd like to just get all my carbs from salads, fruits, nuts (no bread, pasta, sweets, etc...)

I feel fantastic (after some initial greasy gaggy disgusting days...), and the weight is coming off quick. This is really encouraging so far. Wish me luck!!! and feel free to add me if you need low carb buddies! I hope to have a good "after" picture to add to the monstruosity currently on my profile that smacks me on the forehead everytime I log in!!! :-)
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day at really attempting a low-carb diet. I ended up eating under 150g which I guess isn't low-carb at all to people on ketogenic diets. The fruit and vegetables are where all my carbs came from. I work out in the evening and was noticeably WEAKER at the gym today. I felt unenergetic and my lifting suffered a lot. I want to lower my carbs further but it's going to be really hard. I already cut out almost all grains and starches. I love fruit though so giving up most of that will be hard. My body seems to be really sensitive to holding on to or storing fat which means my insulin levels should be lower in order to become lean.

Did you eat less calories too or just less carbs? Because 150g is pretty significant. It doesn't seem like you should be feeling less energy unless you have some insulin resistance issues that are causing faulty glucose metabolism issues. Do you know if you have IR?
  • crossfire266
    Options
    You can't kick start your metabolism lmao. All you need to do to lose weight is track your calorie intake using this app and make sure that it's below your TDEE. Furthermore, buy a scale pls and ensure you are losing weight, and if not adjust your calories accordingly.. There's no magic kick start metabolism bullcrap so pls..
    I just started Atkins again. I did it a few years ago and it sure works to REALLY kickstart your weight loss. The problem is you have to ease your way into eating some carbs after the strict induction phase (nuts, some fruits, some whole grains in moderation), but instead a lot of people lose the weight during induction, claim victory and then go straight back to cereal, toast, pizza and bread. If you do that, you wasted your time. Doing that simply switches your metabolism to its old ways with a vengeance, insulin levels spike, hunger pangs return, etc.. doing this is probably worse for you than not doing any diet at all. I did this, and I paid for it.

I plan to use the induction phase to kickstart weight loss and *****slap my metabolism into burning some of my plentiful fat deposits... then slowly ease my way into phase 2 for a while. I have never had a sweet tooth, so eventually I'd like to just get all my carbs from salads, fruits, nuts (no bread, pasta, sweets, etc...)

I feel fantastic (after some initial greasy gaggy disgusting days...), and the weight is coming off quick. This is really encouraging so far. Wish me luck!!! and feel free to add me if you need low carb buddies! I hope to have a good "after" picture to add to the monstruosity currently on my profile that smacks me on the forehead everytime I log in!!! :-)
  • fat2fit4good
    Options
    :-)
  • fat2fit4good
    Options
    Thank you for your helpful, insightful, thoughtful, humble, intelligent, knowledgeable response. "Furthermore", don't tell me what to buy, "pls", maybe I already have one.
    You can't kick start your metabolism lmao. All you need to do to lose weight is track your calorie intake using this app and make sure that it's below your TDEE. Furthermore, buy a scale pls and ensure you are losing weight, and if not adjust your calories accordingly.. There's no magic kick start metabolism bullcrap so pls..

[
  • crossfire266
    Options
    Good job man
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day at really attempting a low-carb diet. I ended up eating under 150g which I guess isn't low-carb at all to people on ketogenic diets. The fruit and vegetables are where all my carbs came from. I work out in the evening and was noticeably WEAKER at the gym today. I felt unenergetic and my lifting suffered a lot. I want to lower my carbs further but it's going to be really hard. I already cut out almost all grains and starches. I love fruit though so giving up most of that will be hard. My body seems to be really sensitive to holding on to or storing fat which means my insulin levels should be lower in order to become lean.

Your diary looks fine. Whenever we make adjustments or try something new it can take a few days to get used to those changes.