What are some good Wii Console Fitness Games?

Options
I will be having a Wii delivered within two weeks. I have bought Wii Fit and the balance board and also Wii Sports. I have played Wii Fit before, and have enjoyed it because it is motivational, makes you accountable, and does yoga, which I had never done before!

Are there any titles you have played that are really good, or really horrible and I should avoid like the plague?

Replies

• dylanandtresnana
    dylanandtresnana Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have EA Sports Active and I love it. Once I am done with it, I will either get version 2 or buy the WII fit plus!
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm not huge into the games that are marketed as actual workouts. I feel they fall short of a real workout. But there are many fun games that are great for getting your heart rate up and burning calories. Some of my favorites are DDR Hottest Party 3, Dance on Broadway, Walk it Out, and Mario Power Tennis. Just Dance is crazy popular too. I didn't care for the graphics but people seem to love it!
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit Plus and it's my baby!! Me and him have worked togeather to shift the 23lb and he makes me look so much better.

I brought the biggest loser game and it was such hard work! I didn't hate it but far from love it - I don't play it as much as the wii fit plus but if your loving for a really hard work out thats the one you should get - It works upper body alot!

I also received just dance in the post last week after everyone said how good it was on here - I did lots of songs at least 9 & wasn't at all tired so not sure if thats one for me for the weightloss but I found it really fun.

Good luck with the Wii Fit and I hope it helps you as much as it helped me. It has been my saving grace because I wouldn't step foot in a gym but can really feel myself tonning up.

P.s I use mine as an actually workout and can really see and feel a difference in the tonning in areas from the yoga and muscle workouts but I suppose everybody is different.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym Cardio Workout is great if you like boxing cardio, which I do :D
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I like my fitness coach. It's like an exercise DVD but she adjusts the routine based on what you tell her your comfie with.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I like my fitness coach. It's like an exercise DVD but she adjusts the routine based on what you tell her your comfie with.

I also enjoy My Fitness Coach. It is a customizable fitness program based on ability, time you have, and the equipment you own. It also does yoga in 15 minute increments up to 1.5 hours. It does a fitness test every 10 workouts and tracks your progress.
  • lovinyoutwo
    lovinyoutwo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I also like the "the fitness coach"
  • netgirl224
    Options
    Does anyone know if there are any games out there that have more step aerobics than the little that the Wii Fit Plus game has? I love step aerobics & have even bought a 3 inch riser for my Wii Fit board but would love some variety and harder step aerobic routines!
  • IngeS18
    IngeS18 Posts: 36
    Options
    I own both the Wii Fit with the Balance board and the Wii Sports Resort. I really like the Yoga part of the Wii fit.
    I have heard that Jillian Michaels work out game is really good, maybe you should try that one?
  • Fineraziel
    Options
    Does anyone know if there are any games out there that have more step aerobics than the little that the Wii Fit Plus game has? I love step aerobics & have even bought a 3 inch riser for my Wii Fit board but would love some variety and harder step aerobic routines!

I think EA active uses the Wii Step.

About the main topic : I share the same opinion as Kimmie1981. I own a few titles and I think the Wii is great for cardio but I wouldnt rely on it for strenght workout (better go with a DVD for that!).
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i really enjoyed the biggest looser game - when i get my wii back from my brother il be using it again - for me its easier than going to the gym and i can do it in my bedroom!
  • jnthwaite
    jnthwaite Posts: 111
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your help! I wasn't too sure what games were out there. The last video game system I bought was the Nintendo 64 which was 15 years ago. I like the Wii Fit because it teaches me how to do some yoga, which I'd never done before in the privacy of my own home.
    I'm trying to get some tone before I embark out in to the big bad world. I'm very self conscious, so this will help with that.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options

My fitness coach will incorporate the step. In cardio mode it uses it for step aerobics. In strength mode, it uses it for lunges and such. It just doesn't give the same feedback as the wii fit about timing.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    About the step:
    My Fitness Coach uses the step, like someone else mentioned. Also, EA Active more workouts does step aerobics. the game can use the balance board, or for more intensity you can use your own step, which is what I did to up the ante.

I am a fan of Active and the more workouts, and My fitness coach. Golds Gym cardio workout was good at first, but I quickly gained fitness and it wasn't challening for me anymore.