the lesse the lbs to lose the harder it is...why?

Options
I have been trying to lose 8 lbs for the last 2 to 3 months. I have tried some diets, which get me to lose a few lbs but then I get it all back. Could it be that its harder to lose few lbs..or could it be that I am doing something wrong? I have recently added Tae bo to my exercise regime, I do it 3 to 4 times a week. I feel my body getting toned (which is not hard given that I have a toned structure), but losing the weight which is good...nope nothing. In fact I think I may be gaining. Please advice.
P.S I eat up to my daily calorie intake, so it is not that I am eating more.

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advise, but I wanted to say your not alone, the last few lbs are much harder to loose than the rest. I don't know if its because I'm inpatient to get to my goal, but the last 4 lbs have been tortuiously slow to come off, dispite upping my exercise considerably. And this last pound before my goal just doesnt want to budge. Grrrr:grumble:
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Here it is the last 5-10 are generally a BEAR to loose. Your not the only one. The key is getting the math down, which mean making sure your calories in and calories out are what they need to be to loose. Also if your wanting those last few you need to make sure your eating is CLean Clean clean. With no cheating no foods with processing, chemicals or artifical sweetners. THose things can hold you back.
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking the same thing but the opposite, I wanted to lose 2 lbs a week instead I am losing 2 lbs a day! Maybe you hit your plato abd it will just take a little longer. Keep up the good work!!!

2544982.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    You also may want to look at how your working out and how intense it is. Google Tabata training that may be something to try
  • IngeS18
    IngeS18 Posts: 36
    Options
    This could be because of 2 things (or it could be both!):
    1: You're exercising a lot and say that you are getting more toned. This means that you are losing fat but gaining muscle and we all know muscle ways more than fat. But it's good weight! So if it's muscle, don;t worry about the weight, as long as you look/feel good about your self!
    2: As you reach the last few pounds to lose your body will practically give up. According to your body you are now at a comfortable weight,. You have just the right amount of fat around your bones to keep you warm so your body wants to keep you this way, even though you want to lose more. So just push through a little longer and your body will realize it's not done yet!
    I only learned this yesterday and it has really helped me stick to my routine this time instead of giving up saying I'm not gonna lost anymore anyway...

I hope this explains things for you!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Here it is the last 5-10 are generally a BEAR to loose. Your not the only one. The key is getting the math down, which mean making sure your calories in and calories out are what they need to be to loose. Also if your wanting those last few you need to make sure your eating is CLean Clean clean. With no cheating no foods with processing, chemicals or artifical sweetners. THose things can hold you back.

Yes, that. I am in the same boat as you are! My body is holding on to the last 10lbs like glue! I took the time to study the food diaries of those that have met their goals. It is true that clean eating must take place...I am working on that. Also, they exercised 5 or more times a week for 45 minutes aerobically. I purchased the Slim N 6 Series, which is 6 workouts varying from 60-70 minutes each. Did the first one yesterday...Whew.....I was drenched in sweat.....My past workouts were not long enough and not intense enough. Hopefully by next Sunday, my weigh-day, I will be doing a "happy dance." I am like you, ready to see the scale move. I am part of a group, "the last 10 lbs." We are all pulling for each other. We would love for you to join us....:flowerforyou:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    With only 8 pounds to lose your caloric deficit should be smaller than those trying to lose more. Try setting you target at 0.5 lbs/week and make sure to eat most of your exercise calories.
  • Nelneusa
    Options

I sometimes cheat on the weekend...but I am a good girl during the week. Maybe I just need to resist the temptation..period :wink:
  • Nelneusa
    Options
    I was just thinking the same thing but the opposite, I wanted to lose 2 lbs a week instead I am losing 2 lbs a day! Maybe you hit your plato abd it will just take a little longer. Keep up the good work!!!

2544982.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thx I sure will try
  • Sharonbed4d
    Options
    I started with 8 lbs to lose and I'm about 1 lb from my goal. My calorie intake is set at 1200 and I workout 5-6 days a week. What differs for me is that I eat my exercise calories. I used to deprive myself but eating less isn't always the best answer, especially when your calories are already at the lowest intake. Also watch your sodium intake and make sure you are drinking plenty of water.
  • Nelneusa
    Options
    This could be because of 2 things (or it could be both!):
    1: You're exercising a lot and say that you are getting more toned. This means that you are losing fat but gaining muscle and we all know muscle ways more than fat. But it's good weight! So if it's muscle, don;t worry about the weight, as long as you look/feel good about your self!
    2: As you reach the last few pounds to lose your body will practically give up. According to your body you are now at a comfortable weight,. You have just the right amount of fat around your bones to keep you warm so your body wants to keep you this way, even though you want to lose more. So just push through a little longer and your body will realize it's not done yet!
    I only learned this yesterday and it has really helped me stick to my routine this time instead of giving up saying I'm not gonna lost anymore anyway...

I hope this explains things for you!

Thanks...it really did. I am 5´4 and weigh 137lb, I want to get to 129lb, which is my ideal weight, so I will have to keep on pushing.
  • guardup
    guardup Posts: 230
    Options
    "With only 8 pounds to lose your caloric deficit should be smaller than those trying to lose more. Try setting you target at 0.5 lbs/week and make sure to eat most of your exercise calories."

I agree with this. Lower your deficit and target to lose those last pounds slowly. The leaner you get the more likely your body is going to told on to fat stores because it is getting starvation signals.

Also, the post about muscle weight is right on. I had 2lbs to go and recently quit the scale because I ramped up my weight lifting. I want to be fit - not skinny!

I shoot for a 200 calorie deficit. There are some days when I hit 400 because I am simply not hungry and have met my nutrient goals. I let this happen because my body is telling me what it wants.

I find that lean protein (chicken, tuna, salmon) for a late snack are excellent ways to keep me feeling full and meeting my target.
  • Nelneusa
    Options
    With only 8 pounds to lose your caloric deficit should be smaller than those trying to lose more. Try setting you target at 0.5 lbs/week and make sure to eat most of your exercise calories.

what do you mean with "try to eat most of your exercise calories"?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

When you enter your exercise on MFP it adds calories to you food diary. you should eat most of those to ensure you are fueling you body (metabolism)
  • guardup
    guardup Posts: 230
    Options
    "what do you mean with "try to eat most of your exercise calories"?"

This means to make sure that you don't allow your exercise burn to create too large of a calorie deficit. If you do a killer workout and are at 600 cals in def. and you are targeting 200 cals in def. then you should eat the extra 400 calories that day (preferably lean protein and something with lots of antioxidants to deal with the free radicals exercise can produce).
  • Nelneusa
    Options
    I started with 8 lbs to lose and I'm about 1 lb from my goal. My calorie intake is set at 1200 and I workout 5-6 days a week. What differs for me is that I eat my exercise calories. I used to deprive myself but eating less isn't always the best answer, especially when your calories are already at the lowest intake. Also watch your sodium intake and make sure you are drinking plenty of water.

uff i hate water....i actually force myself to drink it
  • Nelneusa
    Options
    "what do you mean with "try to eat most of your exercise calories"?"

This means to make sure that you don't allow your exercise burn to create too large of a calorie deficit. If you do a killer workout and are at 600 cals in def. and you are targeting 200 cals in def. then you should eat the extra 400 calories that day (preferably lean protein and something with lots of antioxidants to deal with the free radicals exercise can produce).

got it. cheers
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Eat clean cut foods. Eat plain chicken, nothing on it, but maybe pepper. Salad, eggs, etc. Just clean cut nothing "special" with a bunch of random crap in it and try that. Your body is pretty much at the point where it's getting comfortable with the weight it's at. Make sure you drink plenty of water. Maybe change up your workouts!
  • Nelneusa
    Options

When you enter your exercise on MFP it adds calories to you food diary. you should eat most of those to ensure you are fueling you body (metabolism)

Hum got it. However I try not to do that, cos it looks like that will defeat the purpose.