Plateau

I've lost about 20 lbs and now I am losing and gaining the same 3 lbs. This has been for about 2 weeks. I just started exercising. I am on the first week of a 12 week DVD called the Fat Chick Works Out. I am a complete beginner with exercise. Everything was going so well. I know I have to stay motivated but I have to break through this plateau. This is the point where I usually give up. I know I can do it. Any advice please? Thank you.

Replies

• iwannabinnarnia
    iwannabinnarnia Posts: 179 Member
    This sounds like me! I've lost 25 but have now been stuck gaining and losing the same 3 for about a month now. Don't give up. Everyone hits these plateaus. shake up your routine a bit.. that's what I'm trying. Good luck!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    If you've just started exercising for the first time, your body may be holding onto some extra water to help cushion and repair those sore muscles. The good news is that this is temporary and should go away as your body get used to the routine. Give it another week or two before you panic.

Other than that, make sure you're being as accurate as possible with your logging. A food scale would be ideal and make sure you're not skipping those veggies, condiments, cooking oils, etc. If you're eating back your exercise calories (and you should be) be aware that MFP may overestimate certain activities. Eating back 50-75% of your exercise calories is usually a good compromise.