I'm in the final stretch and it's getting TOUGH now.

Options
13»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I really do feel like I have succeeded, it's just this end game bull**** is throwing me.

Well, rest assured that this isn't the end game then...you're just arriving at the starting line of the real race. I'd personally put more of my focus and energies on nutrition and fitness rather than worrying about a few Lbs...3-5 Lbs is basically natural day to day body weight fluctuations.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I really do feel like I have succeeded, it's just this end game bull**** is throwing me.

Well, rest assured that this isn't the end game then...you're just arriving at the starting line of the real race. I'd personally put more of my focus and energies on nutrition and fitness rather than worrying about a few Lbs...3-5 Lbs is basically natural day to day body weight fluctuations.

Starting the real race, I like that. :)
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

I don't know how men feel about those 3-5 pounds, but I, as woman, do feel the big difference when trying on jeans and dresses.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Starting the real race, I like that. :)

And I'm quite serious...people know how to lose...people know how to gain....statistically, 95% of people who've had weight issues fail to maintain. This is largely to do with the fact that people fail to realize that their nutrition and fitness aspirations do not stop once some arbitrary number has been reached...these are life time endeavors. Sadly, most people think they're "done" when they've hit that totally arbitrary number...too much focus on the scale and not enough focus on overall health and wellness.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Yup, ^this.
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options
    I want to thank you for your insights. I definitely need to get into a maintain mindset.
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who responded! Taking the time out to look at my diary and give advice is invaluable to me.
  • Angylisis78
    Angylisis78 Posts: 32
    Options
    And finally...

(...and this may be a gender thing...)

...but I do not understand the quest to reach an arbitrary number that is just 2-5 pounds less than someone is now...especially if it's particularly elusive. Wouldn't it make more sense to focus that energy on increasing strength? Or some other metric of health? Or even some positive lifestyle change/habit not even related to weight/fitness/health? Sure, I understand not being satisfied with where someone is at a particular time and setting a goal accordingly, but there seems to be a lot of effort/energy/focus being spent on some very specific goal weights to the exclusion of other more meaningful metrics.

/soapbox

Quoted for truth.