Baby steps...

Options
Trying to get myself out of my unhealty lifestyle isn't easy. :grumble: I decided to start by taking baby steps to get in the habit of making smarter choices.

Some of my small steps have been:

Taking a parking space farther away so I actually have to walk
Taking the stairs
Carrying Crystal light to go packs and healthy snacks so that I'm not tempted to indulge
Buying frozen entrees for lunch (Smart ones, Healthy Choice, etc..)
Walking with my mom in the evenings
Making healthy smoothies instead of tempting myself to eat after a workout

This is all I can think of right now, but I was hoping everyone else could help me out and give me some new suggestions. :flowerforyou: Every little bit will help me.... I haven't been at this for very long but I already feel 100 times better!

Thanks to everyone who has already helped me out!! :bigsmile: I don't get a lot of work done because I'm constantly on this site! Its addicting and all of you are awesome motivation. Thanks again!!!

Replies

• Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Trying to get myself out of my unhealty lifestyle isn't easy. :grumble: I decided to start by taking baby steps to get in the habit of making smarter choices.

Some of my small steps have been:

Taking a parking space farther away so I actually have to walk
    Taking the stairs
    Carrying Crystal light to go packs and healthy snacks so that I'm not tempted to indulge
    Buying frozen entrees for lunch (Smart ones, Healthy Choice, etc..)
    Walking with my mom in the evenings
    Making healthy smoothies instead of tempting myself to eat after a workout

This is all I can think of right now, but I was hoping everyone else could help me out and give me some new suggestions. :flowerforyou: Every little bit will help me.... I haven't been at this for very long but I already feel 100 times better!

Thanks to everyone who has already helped me out!! :bigsmile: I don't get a lot of work done because I'm constantly on this site! Its addicting and all of you are awesome motivation. Thanks again!!!
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Buy a good water bottle and bring it with you everywhere. I just bought one and I've noticed it's helped me drink more water and helps with cravings. When I'm watching tv I'll stretch or get up and move around during the commercials. Don't eat in front of the tv. Concentrate on eating, like count chews lol. It seems crazy but it helps you slow down and enjoy what you're eating. Those are some little things that have made a big difference in my life. Good luck!

:heart: Kelsey
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the water bottle - that has really helped me too.

** Carry Gum with you where ever you go just in case you feel a craving coming on. **

Stay faithful to the Food Diary

Take everything One Day at a time...don't sweat the small stuff.

Plan ahead is key.
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys for your input!!! I really appreciate it. :happy: I am doing well this week with sticking to my diet and exercises so I think this site is really motivating me. :flowerforyou: Thanks again!