Replies

• 78105234a
    78105234a Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a good recommendation for one that fits these requirements:

Not a big table top one that takes up space
    Not a "julienne peeler"

So something that is small - hand held but not a peeler. For example - is there a good one that kind of works like a pencil sharpener???
  • georgiagreeneyes
    georgiagreeneyes Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have one and absolutely love using it! There's also a great recipe blog on the spiralizer as well: http://www.inspiralized.com/.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Here's a Youtube video of a woman using a Spiralizer for exactly this purpose!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST5UFRyOgl8
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shalelamaya
    Options
    My Veggetti kitchen gadget has changed my life, dropped 20lbs from 6/12 to 8/22 eating this at least once a day, has changed how I see and eat veggies. I will never prepare processed carbs (pasta) again, not necessary.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in one too... but what else can you do with them? Also, any recommendation for a cheap one?
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I bought the veggetti at Meijers and love it. My favorite recipes include using a sweet potato as the base with a texmex tomato, bean, corn blend and crumbled spicy boca burger, of the chain delicious!!!

It was cheap, works well and has saved me a ton of carb calories while pumping up my macros with healthy goodness. You can find it also on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/Veggetti-Spiral-Vegetable-Slicer-Veggie/dp/B00IIVRB3W/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1408798018&sr=1-2&keywords=vegetable+spiralizer.

Sláinte :drinker:
  • Francl27
    Options
    Ok they had the Vegetti at the grocery store so I gave in...

So bump for recipes!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Ok so I spiralized two zucchinis, sauteed them in 2 tsp of olive oil, with salt pepper and basil, and added parmesan... SO GOOD. I'm definitely making that again!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I use a little butter, cook some onion and garlic, add the zucchini noodles, a little salt and onion powder or your favorite spices, let cook for 10 minutes or so, then add diced tomatoes and lots of parmesan cheese.Daughter loves it more than regular pasta. So quick and easy, too.
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I love the one I got on Amazon! I have found a ton of different recipes and they have all been delicious!
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Does anyone make noodles using a spiralizer? Is it worth having this gadget in your kitchen? I'm not looking to cut out pasta, I'm looking for a fun new (and hopefully tasty!) way to prepare vegetables.

Thoughts? Recipes?

Thanks!

I just got one and just used it today for zucchini spaghetti. OMG a bowl of 75 cal (includes 50cal/.5 cup cause) filled me up! (but I still wanted more)
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I got one off amazon a while ago, they are great, I should use mine more :-)
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a good recommendation for one that fits these requirements:

Not a big table top one that takes up space
    Not a "julienne peeler"

So something that is small - hand held but not a peeler. For example - is there a good one that kind of works like a pencil sharpener???

I have the Vegetti. It works like a pencil sharpener, I got mine at Wegmans.
    It's more work, it seems than the spiralizer, but it is smaller.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I spiralized zuchinni, added garlic, olive oil and shrimp. Cooked it a bit then added in some brochetta and a bit of hummus. Yummy. DH and I loved it.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    After seeing this thread, I ordered the spiralizer from Amazon. I spiralized zucchini but didn't season it enough so it was a bit bland. Today, though, I spiralized two yellow squash and some carrots. Sauteed them in a little butter and seasoned with salt, pepper, and cilantro. Even my daughter, who DESPISES veggies, liked it! The key is the seasoning. I also now have some apple chips drying out in the oven. Can't wait to try them. It definitely makes veggies more fun to eat and you can be a little more creative with them. I'm looking forward to using it frequently!