How can I improve my diet?

Options
Wavy1985
Wavy1985 Posts: 20 Member
This is my food diary for the day. I'm currently 154-156lbs and 5 ft, 8. And want to tone my body a bit.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/JonG1985?date=2014-05-19

Please note, the packet of crisps are a one-off.

The nuts and cucumber in the snacks section were consumed at 10.30am, whereas the rest of the snacks are 8.30pm. I usually have a 120g bowl of Shredded Wheat Bitesize with milk instead of oatmeal and toast a lot of the evenings, as an evening snack as I tend to get more hungry then.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay under your calories and have enough protein, it doesn't really matter.

However, your protein goal seems low, I'd increase it to 25 or 30%.
  • Wavy1985
    Options
    Thank you Francl27.

I also have Impact Whey Protein, but I have a 25g scoop only after I go for a run or do a gym workout. My other post about peanut butter or cottage cheese was something I wanted to know about in terms of protein.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Add protein to your breakfast. This will help keep you full. Eggs, sausage, bacon, greek yogurt, etc.

Cut the bread out of your diet, as well as the snack oatmeal. Beef up your breakfast/lunch/dinner enough so that you don't have to eat an entire extra meal in snacks.

What kind of sweet potato are you eating that has almost 500 calls? This seems off to me.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    As others have mentioned, you could shift some of those carbs to protein (and probably fats as well).

I'm curious what your ultimate goal is, though. At that weight and height what's is your current BF % and what do you want it to be?
  • Wavy1985
    Options
    Thank you for your comments, just read them today.

EvanKeel: I would love to get to 10-12% BF, last time I did a health check about a month ago I was on 13.6%.

ASKyle: My breakfast has to take about 2-3 minutes to prepare as I have to work straight after so oatmeal is perfect for me in the mornings. But I have the day off tomorrow so looking at a couple of poached eggs on brown toast. The sweet potato was a guess to be honest, my mum put a couple of sweet potatoes and mashed them so I guessed they were 350g. I believe the average sweet potato weighs between 150-200g, not 100% sure.

I went down to 151-153lbs now, I'm averaging 2000-2300 calories a day, and go to the gym/running 3 times a week. Oh and my protein count for today totals to153g of protein, and 308g of carbs (93g sugar, 41g fibre).