Jessica Simpson Proud of her killer legs during workout

Options
12by311
12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-body/news/jessica-simpson-proud-of-her-killer-legs-during-workout-picture-2014175

Go Jessica. Getting ish done in the gym.

But really, the comments at the end of this article are so ridiculous.

"Not a good look, real women that balance their families, work and working out deserve credit not celebrities with millions of dollars and loads of leisure time, a woman's legs can be toned AND feminine. Every woman I work out with goes for that look not this one."

What does that even mean? Because you spend time working out, you are neglecting your family, work, and home?

Replies

• shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Some serious idiots in the comments thread. Good on her for working out. I would prefer to see bigger quads but you have to start somewhere.
  • MagdaSea
    MagdaSea Posts: 78 Member
    Options

What does that even mean? Because you spend time working out, you are neglecting your family, work, and home?

Not neglecting. I think that person was trying to say it can be easier to get into shape as a celebrity. Celebrities tend to have quite an income therefore if they want to get in shape, time is usually not an issue for them. They can hire a house cleaner, gardener, chef, pay to get renovations done as a pose to doing them themselves, and don't need to constantly be at job which could have very volatile shift work. All of those things take time. But if you can pay someone to do those things and don't have to work, it's easy to spend time with your family and go to the gym.

Therefore, people who can balance all of that AND go to the gym deserve more respect because it is already hard enough to motivate yourself to workout. Let alone do this on top of your every day errands and obligations.