Today is a NSV day for me!

Options
_L_A_
_L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
So I've been doing a May challenge which involves exercising at least 25 days in May. I'm on track with one day off left to choose (took 3 over my birthday weekend!). Mondays are weigh in and measurement day.

In three weeks I have eaten/exercised to create a deficit of 500kcal/day so as to lose a pound a week. I have only lost 0.5lbs per week. BUT I've lost one inch off my hips and one inch off my waist in three weeks so SCREW THE SCALES! Really happy because although before May I was losing weight steadily the inches were coming off sooo slow in comparison, and after all it's inches that matter more to me so that was frustrating! But much better now!

On top of that I set out for an 8.1K run today, at 6K I felt good and decided to extend it to at least 10K. Got home and I'd run 11.8K! That's the first time I've ever ran over 10K and the last time I ran 10K was last July! I also ran the 11.8K at a faster speed than I ran last year's 10K!!! So so happy at my improved fitness!!!!!

Replies

• TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That is really awesome! Congratulations on the speed and distance.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Great NSVs indeed! Nice work on all accounts. :smile:
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome work! Thats AWESOME how far you ran, too. Congrats!!
  • _L_A_
    _L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone :D I NEVER thought I'd voluntarily run over 10K! To be honest it wasn't too bad actually, perfect temperature, a nice breeze and I managed to pace myself perfectly which is unusual for me! I'm thinking onwards and upwards so I'll continue doing 10K runs with some 8K and 7K runs interspersed then try to run a >12K run in a few weeks and just keep upping my distance :D I'm doing the weekly 5K park run as often as possible to try improve my 5K time which I think will help my speed :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!