Jillian Michaels?

Options
Hello All!

Anyone working out with Jillian Michaels!? I have her Yoga Melt Down DVD, but am wanting to pick up another DVD program to mix it up a bit.....Suggestions!?

Replies

• udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the 30 Day Shred. It is only about 20 minutes long, and I can always find time to fit that into my day.
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    I'm doing her 30 Day Shred video. There's a group of us that just started yesterday. Here's the thread...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/129070-30-day-shred-starting-10-24
  • karot32
    karot32 Posts: 46
    Options
    I have her "No more trouble zones" which kicks my butt! (Literally when I do the bicep & butt section.. LOL!) I really like it though because you can choose which circuits you want to do. Right now I do 2 at a time and I'm hoping to build up from there.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

Anyone working out with Jillian Michaels!? I have her Yoga Melt Down DVD, but am wanting to pick up another DVD program to mix it up a bit.....Suggestions!?

The 30 Day Shred is an excellent DVD - the first level is really tough, but it does get easier over time if you stick with it. There are some that can do all of the levels in one exercise routine - I'm not that strong nor is my endurance that good, but I did really burn calories (if the amount of perspiration is an indicator at least) while doing the 1st and 2nd levels. Be sure to wear good shoes to do the routines as there have been some injuries noted for those not taking the appropriate precautions.

Vickie
  • kistjo
    kistjo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i do the kettle ball one its great but dont do it all at once the first couple times or you wont be able to walk lol I made that mistake!
  • MMClark80
    MMClark80 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My friend & I are doing the the 30-day Shred! It is a great quick workout, not so easy, but highly effective!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I like the 30 Day Shred too. I also like Shred it With Weights but if you do it with a kettlebell I'd get some good instruction first. Jillian jumps into kettlebell pretty cold call - you really need to learn proper technique before doing hers :ohwell: (Sorry, Jillian!)
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred. It kicks my butt! I am a big wimp :D
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I am part of an MFP challenge doing a few Jillian videos. We go between 30-day shred levels 1 and 2, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones. Banish Fat is a really good cardio circuit workout, and No More Trouble Zones is mostly strength. It's my least favorite, but it's also probably the reason I've lost an inch in each arm this month and actually have a little muscle! I have to be honest, I absolutely hate it, but building muscle is supposedly conducive to burning more calories (so I hear.) I have heard some really bad things about her Kettlebell workout too, and I haven't tried Shred it With Weights or the Yoga shred, but I'd like to at least try the weights one.