Month-long plateau?!

Options
Hello everyone,

I'm 26, 5'1" and staying between 140-137 lbs. I have been aiming to eat 1590 calories a day (from the scooby calculator numbers..), but I have not been losing weight. :/ I really want to get into the 120's or even high 110's, but I'm getting really frustrated. For now, I have adjusted my calories to net around 1400, and I'm going to see if that will work.

I have an open diary, does anyone have any suggestions to break through plateau?

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    I couldn't see your diary so I sent an FR
  • skinnyEmilijah
    skinnyEmilijah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I couldn't see your diary so I sent an FR

Whoops, yeah, I am a liar, but I accepted your request and also (I think/hope) opened my diary for all.
  • vismal
    Options
    Okay, just a brief look and one thing stood out immediately. Almost every single weekend there are one or two days where nothing is logged. This might be your entire problem. What's going on during these days?
  • skinnyEmilijah
    Options
    Okay, just a brief look and one thing stood out immediately. Almost every single weekend there are one or two days where nothing is logged. This might be your entire problem. What's going on during these days?

I do tend to get kind of laid back on the weekends. I try to eat everything in smaller portions than usual but I do hang out with family/friends. I will have to start logging this to make sure I'm not blowing my calories all on the weekends. I do drink a little but I don't drink liquor/mixed drinks and try to drink less than three drinks over the weekend.
  • skinnyEmilijah
    Options

I do tend to get kind of laid back on the weekends. I try to eat everything in smaller portions than usual but I do hang out with family/friends. I will have to start logging this to make sure I'm not blowing my calories all on the weekends. I do drink a little but I don't drink liquor/mixed drinks and try to drink less than three drinks over the weekend.

I logged my weekend, and one day was high, one day was low, between the two I was netting 1375 per day, so not bad. The food wasn't healthy, though.
  • vismal
    Options
    This is likely the issue. The drinking is fine as long as you track it. Just track everything. The only other thing I would look at is are you actually weighing your food on a scale or do you estimate sizes or use things like cups and tablespoons to measure solid foods (they are meant of liquids). I know personally I was overeating peanut butter by 500 calories or more a week because I measured it using a tablespoon vs. weighing on a scale. Weighing all my food and tracking absolutely everything was the number 1 thing that helped accelerate my weight loss and prevented me from any major stalls. I'm not even saying you can't have a day or two where you go over on calories, just track them so you can be aware of how much over you went.
  • skinnyEmilijah
    Options
    This is likely the issue. The drinking is fine as long as you track it. Just track everything. The only other thing I would look at is are you actually weighing your food on a scale or do you estimate sizes or use things like cups and tablespoons to measure solid foods (they are meant of liquids). I know personally I was overeating peanut butter by 500 calories or more a week because I measured it using a tablespoon vs. weighing on a scale. Weighing all my food and tracking absolutely everything was the number 1 thing that helped accelerate my weight loss and prevented me from any major stalls. I'm not even saying you can't have a day or two where you go over on calories, just track them so you can be aware of how much over you went.

Yeah, I'll have to start loggin weekends and invest in a scale. Thanks for your help