Weight lifting exercises with limited equipment

Options
Yagisama
Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
I started some light weight lifting exercises but my issue is that I have very limited equipment.

I have access to a range of dumbbells and half of an Inspire M5 machine (the left side, the other side is broken).

http://www.inspirefitness.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=72

With the inspure M5 I can do the following:

chest press
incline press
shoulder press
rowing
leg extensions
hamstring curl

With the dumbbells I can do the following:

dumbbell squats
dumbbell deadlifts
dumbbell bench press
curls

Anything else I can do / I should do with with the dumbbells? Or do I absolutely have to get other stuff (barbell, etc).

Thanks for any input!

Replies

• Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I guess my implied question was whether I should use the weight machine at all. I know about the limitations of weight machines (lack of range of motion, focus on isolated muscles, no need for stability/coordination/no proprioception improvement, etc).

But given my lack of equipment is the use of the weight machine at least somewhat beneficial?

I will only be using this setup for ~2 more months after which my options should increase.
  • suttondm
    suttondm Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes, use the machine. The exercises you listed are great. Don't worry about limitations. Just include cardio exercises if you want to lose weight.
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I would ditch the machine personally, stick with bodyweight exercises and DB's. Resistance is resistance, but you also want to do exercises that involve more the one muscle group since you're limited with what you have.