Replies

• Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, being female sucks.
  • weali
    weali Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Happened to me this last period...I don't normally weigh myself when I'm about to start so I'm going to start weighing the day before I'm supposed to start to see if it's all the time...this last time I had lost 4 pounds and then it seemed overnight (realistically it was two days later) I weighed in a had gained 3 pounds back..After my third day on I weighed again and had lost the pre-period weight plus an additional pound.

Usually just try to weigh once a week so I don't feel obsessive about it though...
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Try avoiding caffeine just before your period and see if that helps at all. For some girls it can be a trigger. I usually notice my body holding extra water not through the scale but because my boobs will get really sore. Avoiding caffeine and drinking extra water really helps to ease that. For me personally, when I gain weight before my period it's often because the monthly change in hormones constipates me. I use milk of magnesia if the belly bloat gets uncomfortable and it really helps.
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    If I walk enough it doesn't seem to be as bad. But my joints get achey no matter what. I guess it makes us appreciative of the times we aren't feeling nasty and bloated.
  • emz247
    emz247 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So glad im not the only one that gets this! I gain a few pounds purely in water rentention for the duration of the week. It then falls right back off around the last day of my period. It drives me nuts! I can actually see where I carry it as my boobs and tummy get bigger and have a squishy feeling to them. I just dont log my weight that week as it screws up my overall progress on MFP, but it is good to know how much extra I'm carrying around that time. Mother nature has a lot to answer for!
  • fitpiglet24
    fitpiglet24 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Decreasing your carb/sugar intake before your period should help a lot.I notice a huge improvement when i do this. it also helps with that lovely pms moodiness since blood sugar stays more balanced.
  • dropdeadgreggie_
    dropdeadgreggie_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    rip out your uterus, you'll lose some weight
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options

Boiled, it makes quite good broth.....
  • dropdeadgreggie_
    dropdeadgreggie_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options

Best served with a nice chianti
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

You'd have to get rid of the egg sacs too.. they secrete hormone. Get rid of the whole thing.
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options

I don't like fava beans though...could we go with a bowl of steamed horse chestnuts instead?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I spike up 5 pounds. It's not fat. I don't care.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

I don't like fava beans though...could we go with a bowl of steamed horse chestnuts instead?

Thanks so much for this, you guys. Now I am hungry.
  • Bexchubb
    Bexchubb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ugh yeah, I go up 3-5 pounds, but usually lose it again the next week. What doesnt help is the insane scoffing I do the weekend before Im due on- this weekend I just went mental on whatever I fancied. Oh well, roll on the salads this week lol.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    So glad im not the only one that gets this! I gain a few pounds purely in water rentention for the duration of the week. It then falls right back off around the last day of my period. It drives me nuts! I can actually see where I carry it as my boobs and tummy get bigger and have a squishy feeling to them. I just dont log my weight that week as it screws up my overall progress on MFP, but it is good to know how much extra I'm carrying around that time. Mother nature has a lot to answer for!

I am the exact same way! A few days before it arrives I find myself disgustedly agonizing over my "fat stomach," since I gain water weight and it seems to sit mostly in my midsection. Suddenly my stomach feels like it did when I weighed 5 lbs more. . . so discouraging and anxiety-provoking. . . UGH!

And I get massively moody and clumsy. And I ALWAYS overeat a great deal for 2 days sometime shortly before it starts. I now recognize when I'm PMSing first by those 2 days of "bottomless stomach."

BLECHH!!!! :explode:
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options

Thanks so much for this, you guys. Now I am hungry.

[Barfing sounds]

Sorry, had to!!! LOL!
  • Bexchubb
    Bexchubb Posts: 55 Member
    Options

I am the exact same way! A few days before it arrives I find myself disgustedly agonizing over my "fat stomach," since I gain water weight and it seems to sit mostly in my midsection. Suddenly my stomach feels like it did when I weighed 5 lbs more. . . so discouraging and anxiety-provoking. . . UGH!

And I get massively moody and clumsy. And I ALWAYS overeat a great deal for 2 days sometime shortly before it starts. I now recognize when I'm PMSing first by those 2 days of "bottomless stomach."

BLECHH!!!! :explode:

Oh this is so me! With added bouts of irrational red-hot fury and childish crying tantrums. We should start a support group lol.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    My weight always stalls the week before. I built an excel chart showing when I have TOM so I know what's coming. Doesn't bother me now, and I still stick with weighing daily, logging daily and exercising daily (I just walk..). Understanding your body's rhythms is part of the process IMO, especially for women. It helps you understand what is normal for you and what isn't.