This Isn't Me....

2»

Replies

• AmberJo3184
    AmberJo3184 Posts: 11 Member
    The more I look at it (the picture) and think about it... the more I (kinda) like it. It does add a little bit. But, I still like the way I am anyway. Well... "Like" isn't really the word... but, I definitely feel more comfortable the way I am. Make sense? :ohwell:

And, yes, I am definitely working on the self-talk thing. A baby step at a time...
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    "which isn't anyone special as is"

Stop that. You are special to many people. Include yourself in my sentiment.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    You should feel proud that you survived that Mary Kay Mauling!

I like makeup and wear it most of the time (I do go out without it, but prefer it most days), and even I was terrified at the one Mary Kay cult meeting that I was tricked into attending. Brutal! Absolutely brutal!

As for your pics and the whole makeup issue -- it doesn't have to be a big deal. Sometimes it's fun to wear makeup, and sometimes it's better to go natural. Makeup is like clothing -- sometimes it's great to get dressed up, and sometimes it's great to slouch around in sweats. Neither makes a statement about who I am.

Edited to add: It's similar to the whole compliment thing that you get while you're losing weight. People will rave over how great you look as you lose, and you can either choose to take it as encouragement and a compliment, or you can choose to label it negatively as a judgement on who you were before you lost weight. I choose to see the positive. :-)

STAHP THE MK SHAMING!!!!!!!!!!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    First of all, you are beautiful. You have great skin and a nice completion in both pics. But I do understand about not wanting to be in the spot light, that's uncomfortable for me as well. You don't need makeup. I personally like to wear it, but it's not necessary at all.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I think you look just as pretty either way.

I think that's kind of rare though for someone with your fair coloring. A lot of times women who are very fair and/or redheads look washed out with no makeup...you are lucky!!
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member

I like makeup and wear it most of the time (I do go out without it, but prefer it most days), and even I was terrified at the one Mary Kay cult meeting that I was tricked into attending. Brutal! Absolutely brutal!

As for your pics and the whole makeup issue -- it doesn't have to be a big deal. Sometimes it's fun to wear makeup, and sometimes it's better to go natural. Makeup is like clothing -- sometimes it's great to get dressed up, and sometimes it's great to slouch around in sweats. Neither makes a statement about who I am.

Edited to add: It's similar to the whole compliment thing that you get while you're losing weight. People will rave over how great you look as you lose, and you can either choose to take it as encouragement and a compliment, or you can choose to label it negatively as a judgement on who you were before you lost weight. I choose to see the positive. :-)

I thought I was going to have to fight my way out of there -- but I was scared that some of those moisturizer-wielding old ladies might be able to take me.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    There is no end to what people in Western nations seem to be offended by these days.

Oh no, somebody thought you looked cute with make up on. The horror. They must be trying to "change" you. It's Rosemary's Baby all over again.
  • stephanie1373
    stephanie1373 Posts: 5 Member
    Honestly I think you look better without the makeup. You've got a lot of lovely natural color and your features match it nicely. I wouldn't change it at all and I wouldn't add makeup. You look more comfortable being free from the mask anyway. :)
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    The use of make up used to change my looks dramatically and I always wore it. The difference was shocking. I for one like who I was when I would wear make up, but I also like who I am without it. It doesn't change who you are on the inside even if the outside has changed even for the small timeframe your wearing the makeup. But to each his own.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Be yourself and don't worry about what others think.

For reference, ALL these type of things are there to do one thing... sell products... your friend is only doing what they are indoctrinated to do..> The company is the one seeing the real profits.

If you and those closest to you prefer no make-up then by all means go au naturale... No shame in that.:smile:
  • Onderwoman
    Onderwoman Posts: 130

I thought I was going to have to fight my way out of there -- but I was scared that some of those moisturizer-wielding old ladies might be able to take me.

They ARE pretty tough. One of them can toss abrasive pads like shurikens, I wouldn't turn my back.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    it's not a very big difference. you look as pretty without it, be happy :) if you don't like make up, you don't have to wear any! but it's nice that you tried it for your friends.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    IMHO you seem to have very nice skin and nice color, with or without the makeup. Also IMHO, whoever took the photos should have backed up a little... the photos seem a bit distorted by foreshortening... I wouldn't be surprised if that's at least part of what you're reacting to.

Mostly, though, just in to say I agree with the other posters who've suggested you ditch the self-slamming.

I think she's reacting to being told by a bunch of women she hardly knew in close quarters that she looked "beautiful" and yadda yadda. It can be overwhelming and off putting to be so close to people you hardly know and be gushed on enthusiastically when you are not used to that kind of thing.

I know I get twitchy if a MAC girl overdoes my eyes to look like a shiny tramp and she tells me I look "FANTASTIC" and SO MUCH better than when I came in. It makes me feel like I came in off a garbage truck. Then to go home and be told by hubs that they made me look like an old lady who's trying to hard, that confirms it's just not me. Everone has their own style or comfort level. It's important to remember the PERSON when trying to show off the products. In this case I do think OP looks very pretty. She may have just felt overwhelmed by everyone saying it at once. In person. When she though she was going to a "meeting" not a "makeover".
    This makes perfect sense. Thanks for putting it in perspective. :smile:
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    First of all I think both pics look nice and in the case of the makeup pic I think it just accents your features (it makes your eyes stand out more).

But none of that matters. If you really don't like makeup, wash it off and forget it ever happened. :) I don't wear any 99% of the time either, even though I know applying some would make my eyes or lips stand out more.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    it's not a very big difference. you look as pretty without it, be happy :) if you don't like make up, you don't have to wear any! but it's nice that you tried it for your friends.

I don't even know what you just said and I don't care because what a flecking amazing bathing suit!:love::love: :love: :love: