My 111-pound weight loss plan, advice?

Options

Replies

• h22sr20396ss
    Options
    If you can consistently remember your username...

...you can accomplish *anything*...

LOL!! it will be easy to remember...they are 3 models of engines combined.. h22 (honda), sr20 (nissan), 396ss (chevy)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    If you can consistently remember your username...

...you can accomplish *anything*...

(...and yeah, that means something coming from me.)

Best of luck.

I'm curious though...what is your current and goal weight? I'm having trouble making the numbers work (assuming that's a current picture of you).

hey, thanks for the wishes :) My current weight is 304 (even in real life I have to hop on the scale to prove it, I know it's weird) it's because of my muscle mass combined with the fat, I have an enormous frame. And my goal weight is 199 (I think)..like I say, I don't know what my goal weight should be until I get all this fat off and am able to really see how much of my weight is lean muscle and how much is fat.

Seems reasonable.

Good news is that you hide it well. Bad news is that you have some work ahead of you. Personally, I'd try an approach that had fewer restrictions and focused on a slight calorie deficit, but whatever works for you.
  • k1ttyk1tty
    k1ttyk1tty Posts: 86 Member
    Options

The reason I don't use any spices is the artificial flavors, chemicals, and mostly the sodium, I try to stay as natural and as organic as possible, and I try to stay under 300mg of sodium a day

.......What. You mean seasoning. Seasoning is a mix of spices, sugar and salt. Spices are just natural things grounded down.

spice
    noun
    plural noun: spices
    an aromatic or pungent vegetable substance used to flavor food, e.g., cloves, pepper, or mace.

Most spices have little to know calories and add a LOT of flavor. You can even go for two and add herbs for their nutrients, also a low calorie add in. At most, you'll be looking at 5-10 calories for a mixture of added spices and herbs. It's not bad when you can change the kind of meal to what you're hungry for that day.

In a perfect world...that would be true, spices should be all natural as they are derived from herbs from the earth...but once big big business gets ahold of it, they pack it with all kinds of bad-for-you stuff that I avoid. If I could find organic spices, I'd be all for it.

Because of the crazy organic soccer moms out there, there is a line. Or you could just, I dunno, buy the herbs fresh, grow them, get the whole chile and ground it for spices. Not that many spices have anything other than spice in the bottle that's why you have to buy new bottles every few months.
  • h22sr20396ss
    Options
    Because of the crazy organic soccer moms out there, there is a line. Or you could just, I dunno, buy the herbs fresh, grow them, get the whole chile and ground it for spices. Not that many spices have anything other than spice in the bottle that's why you have to buy new bottles every few months.

honestly (and I know it's REALLY strange) but being uncomfortable and bored with my diet and excercise plan actually keeps me motivated.... It's weird.... I guess that if I don't enjoy the meals and I'm constantly sore from working out, I really feel like I'm going somewhere. If I enjoyed the taste of all my meals and wasn't sore as often, I wouldn't be as uncomfortable and would therefore not feel as if I am gaining any progress. It is that very feeling of discomfort and dislike of the taste of everything I eat that gives me motivation to keep going, I know that's strange. lol
  • k1ttyk1tty
    k1ttyk1tty Posts: 86 Member
    Options

honestly (and I know it's REALLY strange) but being uncomfortable and bored with my diet and excercise plan actually keeps me motivated.... It's weird.... I guess that if I don't enjoy the meals and I'm constantly sore from working out, I really feel like I'm going somewhere. If I enjoyed the taste of all my meals and wasn't sore as often, I wouldn't be as uncomfortable and would therefore not feel as if I am gaining any progress. It is that very feeling of discomfort and dislike of the taste of everything I eat that gives me motivation to keep going, I know that's strange. lol

Bro, you're going to crash and burn.
  • h22sr20396ss
    Options

people telling me that is the biggest motivation of all :) you have NO idea how often I hear this....and it's music to my ears every time :)
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options

people telling me that is the biggest motivation of all :) you have NO idea how often I hear this....and it's music to my ears every time :)

Have fun being miserable...

*shakes head*
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Grow your own herbs and you'll know they're 100% organic.

Good luck!
  • h22sr20396ss
    Options
    Have fun being miserable...

*shakes head*

Won't be fun at all, obviously :) But that's what keep me going :D
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

I DO THIS 7 DAYS A WEEK

any and all advice or help regarding this regimen would be greatly appreciated!!! THANKS GUYS!!
    You do realize that reaching goal weight does not make you immune to future weight gain, and in order to maintain that weight you would need to keep eating like that EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR THE REST OF YOUR ENTIRE LIFE, right?

I mean, once you have hit goal weight, what have you actually learned as far as how to maintain a healthy and sustainable lifestyle? Nothing at all.

I mean, it might be a little more likely that you'll keep it up for a while, given the extreme food phobias you've expressed in this thread, but my opinion is that the biggest obstacle you face is in your perception of various foods, and that you seem to think almost all food is poison and is out to destroy your body. The stress from that alone is probably worse for you than any individual food.

Also you'd better hope that the 4 foods you plan to eat for the rest of your life actually between them contain every essential vitamin and mineral. Good luck avoiding the various problems that will cause.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Hi troll,

Your goal is 135 pounds right?

You want to fight in a lower weight class...

Please troll better.
  • randomusername5
    randomusername5 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    In a perfect world...that would be true, spices should be all natural as they are derived from herbs from the earth...but once big big business gets ahold of it, they pack it with all kinds of bad-for-you stuff that I avoid. If I could find organic spices, I'd be all for it.

Wow. So that's why there's high fructose corn syrup in my cinnamon.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options

The reason I don't use any spices is the artificial flavors, chemicals, and mostly the sodium, I try to stay as natural and as organic as possible, and I try to stay under 300mg of sodium a day

.......What. You mean seasoning. Seasoning is a mix of spices, sugar and salt. Spices are just natural things grounded down.

spice
    noun
    plural noun: spices
    an aromatic or pungent vegetable substance used to flavor food, e.g., cloves, pepper, or mace.

Most spices have little to know calories and add a LOT of flavor. You can even go for two and add herbs for their nutrients, also a low calorie add in. At most, you'll be looking at 5-10 calories for a mixture of added spices and herbs. It's not bad when you can change the kind of meal to what you're hungry for that day.

Fresh garlic, basil, thyme, rosemary, mint, and ginger vastly improve many of the things I eat. Some I can grow in the living room in containers. Others can be purchased in little plastic containers in the produce department. I don't think big business did anything to that bunch of parsley I just bought. Add some flavor and don't eat the same thing every day.
  • NahrasWay
    NahrasWay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I don't really get the negativity towards herbs and the such (that aren't from big businesses) but if the bland food motivates you like you said then go for it. I'm inclined to say you are going to get bored and you're going to come across other food while at work or out with friends or w/e that because you are limiting yourself you are are going to start craving. Maybe you're awesome at controlling those cravings though, IDK. My opinion is that you'd be better off learning to cook healthy things that you ENJOY so that this sticks with you cause I agree with the person who said that once you lose all the weight .. then what? You don't know how to eat still .. you only know how to eat a few certain, bland, things. Just IMO.

Good luck to you in wherever your journey takes you, I hope that it leads you to a healthier life :)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options

So what kind of advice are you looking for, exactly?
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    He wants to fight MMA at 130 pounds......but his goal is different today.
  • h22sr20396ss
    Options

• h22sr20396ss
    Options

and yes, my goal has changed...you know....being human and all, we tend to change :) realized that 100 pounds in 6. months is unrealistic
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Your diet sounds hellishly boring--and that's coming from someone who is currently 9 weeks out from a fitness competition. Even I get to eat nicer things that what you listed.

Add some variety to your food. Eat whatever you ate that made you overweight in the first place-just less of it. Good luck.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Wow

You gained over 50lbs since that last thread two days ago.

Trollololololo :noway: