drop 10 pounds in 5 weeks?

Options
Okay so my calorie deflect is set at 1,200 calories , and when I push complete entry and have logged in exactly 1,200 calories, it says I will weigh 126.4 pounds in 5 weeks. I am 136.4 pounds right now. Is this a heathy amount of weight to lose in such a short time? It seems a bit unreasonable compared to what I hear on MFP.

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    That will not work for you. Also, you look very nice as is.
  • abrar0290
    abrar0290 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    That will not work for you. Also, you look very nice as is.

Agree with this. Losing 10 pounds in 5 weeks is a challenge even at my bodyfat percentage. Based on your picture, you're around the 17-20% area, maybe less. I think you should lift weights to look toned, but don't worry about what the scale says as long as you're eating enough to sustain your workouts and maintain weight.
  • Letshopeforthebest
    Letshopeforthebest Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Not likely.

If that's you in the picture I don't see you needing to lose 10 lbs.

How tall are you?

I'm short, 5'2. 117 pounds is my goal weight
  • lmeskd
    lmeskd Posts: 3
    Options
    It's essentially 2lbs a week, which really isn't that bad. I think it's perfectly healthy and possible, just as long as those 1200 calories aren't from junk food.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters if that is you in the pic. However, if you are heavier than the picture shows, it is possible to lose 10 lbs in that time frame. When I first started, I weighed 154 lbs. I dropped 12 lbs in 6 weeks eating at the 1200 calorie level plus eating back some of my workout calories. This only happened because I had a large amount of pounds to drop and I was just starting. Toward the end of your weight loss journey, the pounds will not come off that fast, even if you adhere to the same plan.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back exercise calories? You probably have it set at a 2 lb loss. I would change it to a .5 lb loss since you have so little to lose.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Okay so my calorie deflect is set at 1,200 calories , and when I push complete entry and have logged in exactly 1,200 calories, it says I will weigh 126.4 pounds in 5 weeks. I am 136.4 pounds right now. Is this a heathy amount of weight to lose in such a short time? It seems a bit unreasonable compared to what I hear on MFP.
    Nope. Not healthy. You don't look like you need to lose weight.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest picking up some nice heavy weights and working out.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" as well, 122lbs

Being petite, it can be very difficult to lose those last 5-10 "vanity" lbs that we don't necessarily need to lose. I would suggest putting your goal to losing .5 a week.

In order to lose 2 lbs a week, you have to have a deficit of 1000 calories A DAY (3500 cals per lb x2/ 7 days). This is nearly impossible at our size because our BMR is roughly 1300 to begin with.

Eat clean and lift heavy weights. You will get smaller although the scale may not change.

Edited to add: MFP does not go below 1200 calories, if you set it to 1 pound a week loss my guess is it will still say 1200.