getting over it

Options
I really want to lose weight! But Im so tired ALL the time. I mean like really really tired. So bad sometimes that it affects my work and social life. When I have to choose between waking up at 5:30 or waiting till 6 when the kids are up I really want that 30 min. How do you get over being tired all the time? Ive had many people tell me that once I start getting active and losing weight it will give me more energy, but Ive tried. I had a gym membership and was going 5 days a week and cutting back on my diet, didn't see any success and was still just really overwhelmingly tired.

Replies

• LaLaVee13
    LaLaVee13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You should probably see a doc about that! May be hormonal.
  • KyleeGomez19
    KyleeGomez19 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Agree! I was soooo tired all the time and lacking so much energy. Went to my Dr and found out I was severely anemic!

Go see your dr!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    My brother was the same way. He saw a doctor, had a bunch of blood work done and they found the cause. Luckily it was easily fixable. Go to the doctor and figure this out.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Time to see the doctor! Rule out any medical problems.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I really want to lose weight! But Im so tired ALL the time. I mean like really really tired. So bad sometimes that it affects my work and social life. When I have to choose between waking up at 5:30 or waiting till 6 when the kids are up I really want that 30 min. How do you get over being tired all the time? Ive had many people tell me that once I start getting active and losing weight it will give me more energy, but Ive tried. I had a gym membership and was going 5 days a week and cutting back on my diet, didn't see any success and was still just really overwhelmingly tired.

YEAH, I would want to sleep in for a half hour, too, especially when we're talking about waking up at 5:30 consistently and not 7:30! I work out four days a week and let me tell you I am out like a light when I return home some days!

Here is an excerpt from poster "vismal" ask me anything weight loss thread:

"Exercise doesn't give you immediate energy. You don't all of a sudden go "Hey! I've got tons of energy". It's a subtle change over time. But now in comparison to when I was obese, my energy level is WAY HIGHER! Coffee helps with all this! I drink too much coffee! I drink it before and during shifts, before the gym, when I wake up, literally all the time. I would fear for my patients if they took our french press away!"

That little gem was from page 14 of:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1276219-i-went-from-morbidly-obese-to-6-pack-abs-ask-me-anything

So, seeing your doctor should be a great idea still. But if you're placing additional demands on your body, HECK YEAH you'll feel run down and tired sometimes. I should hope you just kicked your own butt good in the gym - you better feel tired!!